pilot (01)

1: kyle broflovski

"hand me that one." kenny points to one of the many books piled in my cluttered locker. i hand him the ran down book, scrambling in my locker for its' lock. the bell rings, and the halls are packed with chatter and laughter — although a particular voice grabs my attention.

"i know, wendy's invited me too." i hear stan bicker as he walks by, walking beside clyde donovan with a faint smile. their conversation quickly becomes inaudible though, as they disappear into the crowd and leave to their next class. stan turns to make eye contact with me for a split second, before chuckling and turning back to clyde.

that reminds me, i have my last period with him after this.

"okay, i'll be going now. see you!" kenny smiles, waving goodbye before entering ms. henderson's classroom. i make my way to mr. davidson's room, but the bell beats me to it. i really didn't want to walk in alone, being the center of attention isn't my thing.

the door swings open with a unnecessary creeking sound, interrupting the class' loud atmosphere as i approach mr. davidson. the class goes silent, i can hear stan snicker at me from the back. "why are you late, broflovski?" mr. davidson glances at my now roughed up hair, his eyes wander back to my eyes.

"i .. didn't hear the bell." i lie.

"sit down." he gestures at an empty seat.

i sit down next to eric, who is now giving me a rather judgemental look. "what the hell happened to you?" he poorly attempts to fix my hair with his rigid fingers. i stopped wearing my hat after stan called it lame in the 8th grade. cartman takes his water bottle out and flicks some of the liquid onto my hair, wetting my face in the process. "there, you're presentable now." cartman laughed, i didn't. "you were a fatass a few years ago, don't have a big ego now." i mutter under my breath as mr. davidson begins his announcement.

"today we will be passing out sex ed forms. i want these signed by your parents in order to confirm your allowed to participate." he continues before stan interrupts him.

"what if i don't want to participate?" stan mocks.

"and why is that?" mr. davidson prepares to hear one of stan's sarcastic, ignorant, unnecessary comments once again.

"i know all i need to know about sex. i don't need a damn how to from a middle aged guy who's probably a virg-"

"that's enough from you stanley!" mr. davidson slams the permission slip onto stan's desk, proceeding to pass papers out. "psst, kyle." tweek taps onto my shoulder from behind. i turn to him and watch as he struggles to let the words escape his mouth.

"wendy's part..party, is tonight. we- want to go?" tweek mutters.

"why?" my eyebrows scrunch.

"ca-cause i need a ride. craig can't pick me up cause he's being pi-picked up by clyde and token." he mumbled in embarrassment, i couldn't say no now.

" yeah , i'll pick you up. call me." i sigh, i'm not really in the mood to go to one of wendy's parties again. last time i walked in on stan and red in a make out session, and i could tell stanley was glad i saw.

the bell rings, the gates are now open. students rush out of their classes, including myself. tweek gives me a smile before leaving, i wave goodbye and make my way outside.

minutes pass by, my mom pulls into the driveway. as i get into to passenger seat, i notice kenny's one of the last kids outside of school, still waiting for his parents. he can't walk home cause he's the furthest from SVH.

"kenny, you're still here?" i holler from the peek of my window.

"my mom's got a new job now, and she's working a late shift. i'll be picked up in a hour, don't worry." kenny murmurs before going back to playing with his hoodie strings. i felt bad knowing he had nothing to do but wait in the cold because he didn't bring his phone today, and SVH didn't have bus services.