♧ Part 1 ♧

A whole stack of reads? That's quite chobblesome If you ask me!

------------------------------------------------ 

Mumbo lay awake. He just couldn't sleep. He's been lying awake for two whole hours, based on the clock on his bedside table. Why couldn't he stop thinking about Grian? At first it was thinking about the exploration the two had gone on that day, but now it was picking apart every detail of him. How his hair was always the perfect level of messy, how his wings fluffed up when he was happy. How cute he looked in his slightly large red jumper. Wait. Cute? Had Mumbo Jumbo, someone who had convinced himself he was straight, just think of his best friend Grian as 'cute'? No. No! He's straight. He can't like guys. That didn't go very well last time. But now that the thought was in his head it was stuck there. Grian - Cute, adorable. Pretty, even. Ugh, no Mumbo, remember what your parents said when you told them about a boy crush. It's 'unnatural, a sin, you'll go to hell for it.' Block it out like the other times. You just haven't found the right girl yet. But Grian... He's... Hot. He is. There's no denying it, Mumbo has a crush on Grian. He doesn't know if Grian likes guys though. Does he? I'll slip it into conversation tomorrow. Now, he has to get rest. Mumbo settles in to his covers and finally falls asleep.

~time skip~

The mustached man opened his eyes as the bright light shone through his thin curtains. There's a knock at his door.

"Coming! Just a second!" Mumbo slips in his suit and goes to answer the door, combing his hair on the way to said door. He opens the door.

"Hi Mumby! How are you doing today?"

"Hi Gri! I'm doing good, I just woke up. Need anything?"

"Did I wake you? I'm so sorry! And I was wondering if you have any extra concrete, I ran out and only need a little bit more." Mumbo lead Grian inside and gave him the concrete. Mumbo wanted to ask the question about if Grian is straight, but doesn't want to be awkward. But how will he know then if he has a chance?

"Hey Gri? Can I ask you something weird?"

"Of course, anything, anytime!"

"Are you... Straight? Or gay? Bi?"

"I'm gay. Why do you ask?"

"No reason at all! Just curious. I think I'm gay. I've always been aware of it, I just pretended because of my parents. They aren't supportive."

"Oh! That's cool, I'm glad you feel safe to tell me." A whole weight feels like it was released from Mumbo's shoulders. He told Grian. Grian is gay. He has a chance. Just then a chat message appeared. It was from Bdubs.

'Party at spawn, meet 7 PM EST. Be there or be square lol' Grian and Mumbo agree to go, and Grian flies off to his base to finish the concrete on his base. Sooner than anticipated, it's 7. The hermits all fly to spawn for the party. Bdubs has brought food. Others had brought games and things like that. Everyone sat down at the huge table constructed for the party. After eating, everyone goes to games. A few awkward rounds of twister, one that ended with Grian falling on top of Mumbo. Then someone started a group of truth or dare. Grian was there, so Mumbo joined the circle, sitting to the left of Grian. The rounds were mostly boring, until...

------------------------------------------------ 

End of chapter one

Cliffhanger muah hah hah....