My Welcome

Sofia you will help me unite the werewolves and other supernaturals with the human species. A woman I couldn't see well said from beside me while we sat under an enormous tree looking at a beautiful meadow with a wide variety of flowers. How will I do that? I asked with a soft chuckle. Just wait and see. I, the moon goddess, have blessed you with unique powers you will find very soon She said. But- she cut me off. No questions; now wake up,and with that I opened my eyes to see the sun almost setting and that  we arrived at an enormous ranch not knowing at all where I was. There are people everywhere; some are training, some are gardening and others doing other things. The SUV parked in front of two enormous doors. Green eyes untied me and we got off. Right when he closed the door the SUV drove off and obviously all eyes were on us. The huge doors opened to reveal a short woman about 5' 4" tall with tan skin, brown hair and golden honey eyes. She had a simple white dress, although the ranch screamed wealth. "Dios mío, she's even more beautiful than the pictures. Hola, soy La Señora Chávez." She said squeezing my cheeks then embracing me in a tight hug. "Yes mamá, and she is exactly what they said, strong both physically and mentally and she also has a strong character." Green eyes said. My eyes widened at the realization that he is a Chavez child. He looked at me and smirked. "Esteban, leave her alone. Vente mija it was a long trip, you must be cansada." She said, dragging me lightly by my arm. Esteban went another direction while we walked through the doors, turned left and up some stairs to the second floor. We stopped at the fifth door. "Here is your room. A maid will be with you shortly then take you to the cena..." "Sofia" I finished her off. She nodded and left. I took a deep breath and entered the room with my eyes closed and closed the door behind me. Just think this is your room back home and everything will be fine, I thought. I opened my eyes and was shocked at the beautiful furniture. There was a closet, a dresser, with a mirror, and a night stand on either side of the queen sized bed. The head board has wolves carved out howling at the full moon. There are many little pictures of flowers and other things and my favorite picture, an Aztec carrying a sleeping woman, also hung on the wall.

     A faint knock sounded at my door. "Come in" I said and a maid, around 14 or 15, entered with a small stack of clothes. "La Señora Chávez sends you this so you can shower, the towels are in the baño. When you are done I will come for you to take you to dinner." She said in a serious tone. "Thank you, may I know your name?" I asked. "Maria" is all she said and left. After a few moments I went to the bathroom. The sink is a marble white with a black counter top and there was a horizontal mirror and a vertical mirror on the wall next to the door with a wooden trim. There is a large cabinet filled with white towels of different sizes. There is a bathtub and a shower. I got into the shower and took about 20 minutes. Once out I got dressed and brushed my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and at that exact moment the same faint knock sounded at my door. I walked towards it and opened it to see a very serious Maria who only motioned me to follow her. I did so and we walked down the stairs and through a long hallway to a set of large double doors. She opened the doors to reveal a large dining room with a very large dining table that was almost entirely full, except for one seat next to Esteban. I made my way to the seat and sat down. Esteban looks almost identical as the man at the head of the table. "Bienvenida Sophia, it's an honor to have you here with us. I hope we can make you feel at home and help you in whatever you need. As you know I am Señor Chávez, but you can call me Carlos" he said and smiled a faint smile. "Yes sir, thank you." Is all I said and looked away. La señora Chávez rang a small bell and maids came in with plates of enchiladas verdes.

        A plate was placed in front of everyone and they all began eating and talking about random things. Esteban leaned closer to me and whispered, "So how has your stay been so far princesa?" with a smirk. "Drop it, I am nothing of you to receive any type of nickname." I whispered back feeling my blood boil. He opened his mouth to say something and was interrupted. "So Sofia, tell us something about yourself, by the way my name is Jaime." A young man across from me said. He looks a lot like La señora Chavez, but in a muscular male form. "Well what would you like to know?" I asked, a little confused. I thought they knew everything about me, I thought to myself. "Your family," he said. "Okay then, I'm the youngest out of seven children of Alpha David Benitez and Luna Mary Benitez. They run the Silver Moon Pack in Louisiana. My brothers from oldest to youngest are Alejandro, Juan, Victor, Jose, and Luis. And my sister Julissa." I said a little too fast to prevent my voice from cracking. A young lady next to him cleared her throat and I looked at her. "I'm Sarah, Jaime's mate. May I ask you something and you not feel offended?" She asked, her Mexican accent being heavy. I nodded my head yes and drank out of my glass of water. "Did you find your mate in your pack?" My eyes widened and I nearly spit out the water. I swallowed the water, wiped my mouth, cleared my throat and said, "No Sarah, I did not find my mate at my pack nor any nearby pack." She made an o shape with her mouth and we continued eating in silence. Once I finished I stood and excused myself. I walked up the same stairs towards my room. I entered and laid on my back staring at the ceiling. So when are we going to search for our mate? A voice said. "Who is this?" I asked out loud. I'm your wolf, Ava. "Why am I hearing you just now and not when I was 16?" Alpha females take longer to develop their senses and strength. I simply let out a deep sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, for now I'll just wait and see what happens from now on.