Chapter 15

Rosy's POV

Naru told us about the new case, and the mansion was a little far from here. As we were near to the clients' mansion, I watched Naru for a moment. He was sitting left of Mai, while she was in the middle, and I was to her right. Erick was at the front passenger's seat. 'This is an odd seating arrangement.'

He's been acting odd lately. Every time he looks at Mai, he frowns. It doesn't seem like a mad frown, more like a frustrated one. Being nosy as I am, and a telepath, I decided to read his thoughts. I have not been called Nosy Rosy for nothing.

'I wonder if I'll ever get a time to talk to Mai and make my grand move. Something always happens. I hope no one comes in our way.'

'Be careful what you think, or else it might become true.'

'Rosy, please leave me alone.'

I made a mental sarcastic laugh. 'Leave you alone? When have I ever done that? Especially if the topic is about you and Mai?'

Naru glared at me. 'Shut up or I'll fire you.'

I narrowed my eyes but maintained my special mischievous grin. 'If you do that, I'll make sure to tell Mai about our mental conversations, and I'll even push her more towards Ichiro, if you want.'

Naru widened his eyes for some full three seconds, then narrowed them. 'You wouldn't dare.'

'Maybe, maybe not.'

"Uh... you know, guys, with all the glaring, funny looks, and staring, I'm getting a little uncomfortable. Is something wrong?"

"We arrived." Lin interrupted. "And the others are here."

We immediately took off our seatbelts and Naru walked angrily towards the door of the mansion. I yanked Mai and walked at a faster pace towards Naru.

Naru was about to knock on the door, but he stopped when I said "Hey, Mai. I was wondering... Do you want to go sometime to eat something with Erick, me and Ichiro?" a little too loudly.

"Um..."

Naru's reaction was priceless. First, he growled, then he sighed, then he humphed in annoyance and disbelief.

'You jelly?' I heard someone say in Naru's head. It sounded just like him but in a teasing tone.

'Shut up, Gene.'

'Oh! So you're the famous Gene?'

'Indeed. Nice to meet my teasing partner.'

'I've had enough of you two.' Naru blocked his thoughts and knocked on the door.

I couldn't imagine what would happen if Ichiro opened that door.

"Mai?" Talk about bad luck and bad timing. I must be a predictor too.

"Ichiro?" Yep... Ichiro stood there looking surprised to see everyone, especially Mai.

"What are you doing here?" Ichiro asked.

"Isn't it obvious? We're here to do our job." Guess who said that.

A man in his late forties appeared behind Ichiro. "Good afternoon. I am sorry about the confusion. My son came today as a surprise and he doesn't know what's going on in our home."

"I understand, but please keep everyone informed so they are aware of any danger, Mr. Kouki."

Mr. Kouki bowed down. "I'm truly sorry. Please, enter. My son will show you the empty room that you will use as base."