Chapter 4

I do not own Ghost Hunt. 

Mai’s POV

John was the only one who was to be called if needed on the case.

The next day after Naru explained what the case was about, we set off on a three hour ride to our destination. In the van were Naru, Lin and Rosy with me. I knew Naru and Lin would be obviously quiet, and Rosy laid back on her seat and started listening to music. I really wanted to talk to her, to get to know more about her. But, I felt that if I did I would be bothering her. I realized I was staring at her. When I was about to take my gaze away from her, I suddenly started to hear her singing in some foreign language. What surprised me the most was when I saw her shaking her shoulders in something that seem like she was dancing. I almost giggled at the sight. I turned my gaze to Naru, who was in the front seat watching a dancing and singing Rosy, his eyebrows raised. I touched her shoulder so her attention was on me, and decided to ask the question that was bubbling inside of me.

“Hey, Rosy. What are you listening to?”

“Ah…” She said, her cheeks burning. “I didn’t think I was singing too loud. I’m listening to salsa. It is one genre of music that is listened much in my native country. Want to listen?” She asked me already holding her headphones for me to listen.

I nodded. When I put the headphones on, I was introduced with all types of sound. There was various trumpets, drums, clinking sounds and other instruments I did not recognize, all combined perfectly into a fast and reviving music. Then I heard a man sing in what seemed to be Spanish. I suddenly began to feel goose bumps and I started blurting out words that I don’t know but couldn’t care less because I really enjoyed the music. As I looked around me, Naru and Rosy were looking at me with amusement and Lin and Rosy were hiding the urge to laugh.

“You sure enjoy the music.” Rosy said with a laugh.

Before I could answer I heard Naru speak. “Mai, I recommend either you take Spanish lessons or learn how to sing. You look ridiculous and annoying trying to sing words you don’t know.” I saw him smirking.

“Naru!!” I said as my face began to flush from embarrassment. I hope I can get through two more hours with these people without embarrassing myself again.

We reached the house- I mean- mansion. I was astonished by the beautiful scenery in front of me, but I decided to snap out of it and run to where everyone was.

After Naru introduced us to the owners of the mansion, we entered the mansion. As I instantly took a step, I felt sad, angry, and as I looked at Naru, I wanted to make him pay for what he did, ‘but what did he do?’

I still couldn’t shake off my anger towards Naru. I started walking without thinking, like if someone or something was taking control of me. I couldn’t stop. ‘Am I possessed?’ As I tried to speak, but failed, I noticed my body was walking straight to Naru.

Naru’s POV

I was speaking with Mr. Miyamoto, the owner of the mansion, when suddenly I felt someone behind me. As I turned, I saw Mai giving me the coldest and angriest glare I have ever seen on her face.

“Mai, what’s-” I stopped as my head turned to its side after Mai slapped me in the face. I couldn’t believe she had just done that.

“You boys are a disgrace, and you will pay for what you did. I hate you.” Said Mai. Then, she turned around and began walking.