Fidélitié

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

The group ran through the forest. Moss led the charge, a blazing torch in their hand. Their heart was beating a mile a second, legs stumbling. They stopped suddenly, looking among the fields ridden with traps. They waved the torch frantically, breathing heavily. They scanned the darkness, looking for something. Anything. Their legs felt like jelly as the flame shook in their trembling hand. They attempted to swallow, only met with a dry throat. "Fuck..."

They came out of nowhere.

Ophelia followed close by, holding onto him tightly. Like her life depended on it. There Raizel was tangled in her arms, close to her. Blood soaked his clothes, Ophelia didn't need a light to know that. She felt the sticky liquid soaking onto her clothes, she felt how shallow his breath got. She ran close only stopping when Moss did. Her eyes landed on the traps, her breathing quickened. The voices of men in the distance caused her to panic more.

It was supposed to be an easy job.

"We can't stop." Ophelia muttered out breathlessly.

"I know." Moss looked around, waving the fire.

"Moss they're coming!" Panic started to set into Ophelia. It didn't help when the groups torches grew brighter in the distance.

"I know-" Moss's breath quickened. Left was as covered in foliage, no telling what kind of plants would infect a wound. Straight ahead we're multiple traps, nets, and spikes. They could get through maybe, but there was no time to get through safely.

"Moss!" Ophelia hissed.

"What-" Moss's eyes Widen at what was behind her. "There!"

Ophelia turned to see a broken down house. Ophelia didn't hesitate to run for it, only turning back when Moss didn't follow.

They just wouldn't stop coming.

Moss had been jumping through the traps, narrowly avoiding a bear trap snapping clothes, while waving the torch in the air. Ophelia opened her mouth to shout.

"There they are!" The group of men that had been chasing them suddenly ran past the house. Ophelia pressed her back against the broken wood, watching helplessly as Moss navigated through the traps.

"Moss..." Raizel weakly attempted to lift his hand.

"Shhshh..." Ophelia shooshed him, watching helplessly as Moss narrowly missed a bear trap. As the trap shut She gasped, letting out a small sigh when Moss fell forward. Moss's gaze met hers, a look of worry met Moss's resolved gaze. Moss nodded and turned their head toward the group of men.

"YOUR TRAPS ARE SHIT!" They shouted and began to run ahead. The group split off, half into the foliage and the other two navigating through the traps.

Ophelia felt like her heart was going to burst, she looked from Raizel to the dying Flame in the distance. She could go after Moss. Maybe she could get the ones going through the traps. It'll be easy with their backs turned. She could at least buy Moss time. But Raizel didnt have time. He was paler by the second, blood soaked his and her clothes. She had to stop the bleeding. Raizel could die if she helped Moss, or worse The men would call back their group and trap the two.

With a heavy heart, She swallowed and resolved to run to the door, open and quickly shut it. She quickly scanned the dusty living room. She stumbled foward, but kept a tight hold onto her friend, not allowing him to be more hurt than he already was.

He raised his sword at me.

"Couch. Okay couch first." She brought Raizel over, gently laying him down onto the dusty couch. Raizel hissed in pain, despite Ophelia's care. This only made her more frantic. Ophelia ran her hands through her hair, breathing deeply.