Events that Come Next

Marshall takes me to his cave house and lays me on his red sofa. He brings me a blanket and a bowl of cereal. Then, he comes and sits next to me. Snowball comes and jumps on his lap, purring.
I laugh. "What's funny?" asks Marshall.
"If Fiona could see us now, she would be ballistic!" I say. He laughs as he strokes my hair.
"How are we going to tell her?" he asks. I have a mini heart attack. Marshall and I are a "we."
"How about you tell her? She adores you." I say. "Be sure to add that Gumball's free."
Marshall smiles. "Will you be okay by yourself?"
"Yes, and be sure to tell Gumball that."
"I will. Goodbye my love." he says as he closes the door behind him.
I get up to explore. I walk through the bathroom, kitchen, and then finally, the bedroom. He has a neat bed and a couple song books on a shelf. I hear the door open.
"Marshall?" I ask. No answer. "Who's there!?"
I hear Snowball hiss downstairs. Then, he appears up the ladder. "Go away, Gumball. I don't want to see you." I say.
"I couldn't stand to be away from your pretty face," Gumball says with a smirk. He walk towards me.
"Go! Marshall will be here soon!" I yell at him.
He only laughs. "He won't be able to save you."
He pins me against the wall.
"Get off me!" I yell, but he's too strong. He pulls at the bottom of my shirt. I weasel out of his arms and crawl under Marshall's bed.
"Playing hide n' seek are we? I love to play games," he says with malice in his voice. He grabs my foot and starts pulling me out. I scream as I try to hang on to the carpet. "Help me! Please help!" I sob. I hear the door slam open and someone climb up the ladder. Gumwad lets go of me and I scurry back under. I hear him talk,"Fiona? What are you doing here?"
"I will NOT let you do to her...what you did to me." I hear fear in her voice.
He gives another malicious laugh. "You know you liked it. Now, why don't you give her a chance to."
"No, leave now!" She commands.
He gives a chuckle. I slip out and crouch behind the bed.
"You couldn't hurt me," he says.
"Don't try me." Her sword quivers in her hand.
"Oh Fiona," he sighs and grabs her wrist. "Give me a chance, and I will."
Fiona freezes. I use this chance. I grab one of Marshall's song books and hit Gumwad in the head. He crashes to the ground. Fiona and I put him in the closet and lock it. Then, I hug Fiona. "I had no idea, Fiona, that he did this to you! Thanks for saving me!" I cry.
She sniffs and holds me at arms length. "I think we saved each other," she says.
Then, I remember. "Marshall!"
We race to the Candy Kingdom. We look everywhere. We hesitate to go to Gumball's room, but I ease open the door. We find Marshall lying unconscious on the floor. I rush to his side and shake him. "Marshall!" I yell. He doesn't move. "Marshall!" I start crying. "MARSHALL!!" I pour out my tears into his shirt. I lay on his chest, crying. Then, I feel someone stroking my hair. I look up. Marshall is looking at me. I kiss him. "Oh my God! Marshall." He's smiling now.
"Glob, I thought I wouldn't see you again," he says. "I went through the secret entrance and he was reading his diary. He started describing the things he would do to you. I jumped out to confront him, but he bashed my head with his diary! As I was passing out, Fiona walked in. I sent her to save you. Then, I clonked out." He turns to Fiona. "I'm sorry for what he did to you. He described everything as well as doing things to her."
She smiles shyly. "At least I saved her."
Marshall looks at me. "I'm glad you did."