Chapter 1: Awakening

C1-Austrum awoke to a world of blinding, sterile white. His body felt alien, heavy and unresponsive. He was an infant trapped in a man's body, his movements clumsy and uncoordinated. The room was a perfect cube, its stark white walls pressing in on him, suffocating him. There was no escape, no door, no window. Only the relentless white.
His mind was a desolate wasteland, devoid of memories or emotions. He was a shell, hollow and empty. Words, language, communication - these were lost to him. He was alone, utterly alone in this white prison.
He tried to stand, but his body betrayed him. He could only crawl, his hands and knees scraping against the cold, hard floor. The chill seeped into his skin, a stark reminder of his reality. The walls were smooth, unyielding. They offered no comfort, no respite from the crushing solitude.
Sleep was a sudden, unwelcome intruder. It seized him without warning, dragging him into the depths of oblivion. When he awoke, a foreign object had invaded his sanctuary. It was an anomaly, a break in the endless white. He didn't know what it was or how it got there, but its presence was a silent, mocking reminder of his imprisonment.
The first object was a bed. It was a simple, unadorned piece of furniture, but to C1-Austrum, it was a mystery. He prodded it, poked it, even tried to eat it. It took him days to understand its purpose. He would lay on it, feeling the softness beneath him, so different from the hard, cold floor. He would curl up on it, finding a small measure of comfort in its presence. It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.
In the following days, he learned to walk. It was a slow, painstaking process. He would push himself up, only to fall back down. But he kept trying, kept pushing. He would crawl to the wall, use it for support as he slowly stood up. His legs would shake, his balance precarious. But each day, he got a little better, a little stronger. Until one day, he took his first step. It was a small step, but it felt like a giant leap.