We have finally arrived I think I smell the beach already. I couldn't never understand why my dad would ever move way out to Miami. Nola! What do you think? My dad says pointing at a very nice beach house. But I miss Chicago already. I miss Duchie and Rambo man. I dont want to be here! If my crack-headed ass mother would take care of her responsibilities me and my lil sis wouldn't be here! Jordyn, you excited? My dad Blake asks my little sister but she doesn't speak, she's shy. And he's not her dad. When we get out the car what's the first thing I see... step-kids. Nookie! My big brother yells oh well... back to reality.

Blue! Nola yells and runs up to her oldest brother. I missed you lil ugly! I miss you more! My nigga. Nola's brother Reed says. Wassup, ooo boy you getting a little fatfat. Nola laughs. Nola this is my wife Monika her daughters Serenity and Skye, her son Ahmed, and this is your little brother Cael. And Everyone this is my daugher Nola and her little sister Jordyn, Nola's dad announces. Everybody proceeds to say hello and Nola's dad Blake shows her where she will be staying and Jordyn is staying down the hall.

Nola is unpacking her summer stuff, she picks up a picture of her and her best friends and sits it up on the book stand with a sigh. I miss you guys she mummers. Her phone vibrates she receives a text from her ex. Saying he missed her already, she puts her phone in her pocket and sits on the bed with her notebook. Her dad comes in, Nola why don't you go to the beach, walk around, so something heres' some money. Blake hands her some cash. But dad I really don't want to... Nola whines. Be back by 11. Ugh okay daddy, see you later. Nola gets up and gets changed into some shorts and a crop top, when Jordyn barges in. Nono! Don't leave me, I wanna go, Jordyn exclaims. Okay Jojo go get on your swim suit Nola tells her. Jordyn starts running down the hallway to her room and Nola sits in the living room. It's a party later if you want to go with us Skye tells Nola. Why would you want her to go, look at her Serenity sneakers. What? Nola asks as the girls start walking out Oh okay.

Jordyn comes in with her cute little blue and pink swim suit on, Ready she says. The girls go down to the beach and start walking. Can we get some ice cream Nono? Jordyn asks . Of Course we can , let's find the place. As the girls are walking down the beach there laughing and kicking sand on each other. They burst out singing Hittaz by Lil Durk out loud causing some attention. Eventually they find the ice cream and Jordyn orders a Strawberry cone with three scoops and Nola gets a sausage dog and they start walking down the beach some more when out of no where Nola is knocked to the ground by a very muscled body. What the fuck! What is your problem, can't you see Nola Screams. Im sorry Im sorry the boy says helping Nola up. Omfg, what is wrong with you Florida people look at my shirt. Ugh Fuck it Nola starts walking away. Wait Wait Im really sorry, what's your name? The boy asks. Nola . Lemme buy you a new shirt Nola. No! I'll get my own. Please, I feel really bad. Yea, Nola let him buy you a shirt Jordyn Smiles. FINE! They boy tells his boys that he'll meet up with them later and he goes back to Nola and Jordyn. I'm Jameek, but you can call me Meek, the boy introduces himself. I'm Jordyn! Jordyn laughs. Nice to meet you Meek says.

You're not from here? Meek asks. Excuse me? You said you Florida people. Oh, Im from New Orleans but we just moved here from Chicago, Nola tells him. They walk into a beachside store. Pick out whatever you like, i'm really sorry about your shirt. Whatever Nola walks over to a rack and picks out a tee-shirt that has a some words that say "I'd rather be high" . Whats that mean Nono? Jordyn asks. Nothing . Nola tells her. Meek pays for Nola's shirt and asks her how long she's staying. She tells him she staying all summer her parents have a beach house in the Kiwi Beach community and he tells her thats where he's staying as well. You should come to this beach party tonight. Meek tells Nola. You can go with me if you'd like.... I don't know Nola says. She'll be there Jordyn assures Meek. Good, it's at 9... maybe I could come get you. Meek asks. Fine. Can I walk you home? You know just to make sure nobody else tackles you. Iguess.... Meek walks Jordyn and Nola back to the house and they realize they're kind of neighbors for the summer. Ill see you at 9? Meek asks . Yea sure Nola tell him and they go in the house as Meek leaves. Jordyn Why would you do that? Nola screams. Because Nono, he was fine! He was kind of fine... that dark skin man dark skin is life......