Goodbye

"Itachi, no you can't the Hokage would not allow it," Sakura said with a smug smile as she crossed her arms over her chest.  

"I can speak to her, I am sure she would agree with me that even if you are a very accomplished ninja you would still need someone else with you."  

"What would your family think, they would never allow the Uchiha Heir to leave the village for six or seven years, that would be insane."

"They have another son and an idiot leader who probably wont give up the post anytime soon, and I'm sure they would want me with you aswell, and if not I don't really care much of what they think."

"But Itachi." Itachi stopped walking causing Sakura to almost walk into him. He turned around with a serious yet smug look on his face.

"Sakura, weather you like it or not I will be coming with you, and there is nothing you can do about it." Sakura's eyes were wide and she was gaping like a fish. Never once in her life had Itachi done something like this, especially something that was this big of a deal. He had let her go on tons of solo missions as an ANBU and some has lasted two years. Though she did suppose that two year and seven years were a bit of a different time frame. However she couldn't help but feel like he was only doing this so he could protect her. If that was the case, it just pissed her off. Sakura stopped walking and looked at the ground with an angered expression. Itachi halted and turned around to face her with a questioning look on his face.

"Why do you want to come Itachi?" Itachi thought over this question for a bit, why did he want to go with her? Was it because he didn't want to be that long without her or was it because he wanted to protect her. It was surely the first, however he would never admit it outloud. So without him really thinking about it he uttered the words that would most likely lead to his doom.

"I need to protect you." Like that Itachi had a very surprised look on his face as pain erupted in his gut and he was crashing into several trees, each one breaking and splintering on contact. At about the seventh object he had crashed into he fell to the ground the impact on it only cracking it. He couldn't breath, his breath had been knocked out of him by the punch to the stomach, but had just worsened after hitting his back so many times. He really was not at all expecting that and something told him that even if he was he would not have been able to dodge it. He tried sitting up into a more respectable position rather than practically laying on the ground surrounded by rubble, however the pain that shot through his body told him that he probably should not move. Sakura easily walked over the damage she had created and stood towering above Itachi.

"Do you really think," Sakura crouched down and leaned forward merely inches from Itachi's face with complete rage in her eyes. "I need your protection, I-ta-chi." Her fists were clenched and she had anger and hurt swirling in her eyes. Then he finally realized what a colossal mistake he had made. She had been treated like that her entire life, treated like she was a fragile little doll that needed protection. Her own team had treated her like that for years even when she had surpassed them all and became an ANBU at the age of fourteen. Then Itachi one of her only friends who practically vowed to never make the same mistake had just done it. She worked her ass off day in and day out until she was practically exhausted from lack of Chakra and sleep. Going up the ranks faster than anyone would have imagined and yet she made Chunin within a week, Jounin within four months and ANBU within a year of her graduating the academy.