02

"THE PROJECT"

"THE PROJECT"

CARMEN walked out of school as the bell rang threw the building and everyone scattered, Carmen walked up to her mother's car and got in the front seat while closing the door.

"How was school," Lanita asked as she looked at her daughter.

"It was fine," Carmen mumbled.

"Anything interesting happened," Lanita asked.

"Um, can I go over to this person's house, It's for a project in Chemistry," Carmen asked.

"Do I know this person," Lanita narrowed her eyebrows.

"Mom," Carmen sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I suppose you're old enough, when is it," Lanita asked.

"I'm supposed to head to his house in an hour," Carmen explained.

"It's a boy," Lanita raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Carmen mumbled.

"Do you like this boy," Lanita smirked.

"Ew, Mom! He's in the grade above me," Carmen groaned.

"Okay, okay, you can go to his house but only for a while," Lanita smiled.

"Thanks," Carmen gave her mom a small smile.

"I trust you know the right decisions to make," Lanita gave her a mother look.

"Mom, please, I'm 13," Carmen sighed, Lanita was about to talk before she heard the back seat door open on both sides, revealing her son and his friends.

"Hey Mom," Dustin smiled.

"Hey Mrs. Daniels," Alex and Brandt said as they got in the car.

"Hey, how was school," Lanita looked in the rearview mirror, and the boys started bursting out laughing, Carmen rolled her eyes.

"Well it seems like you had fun," Lanita smiled as she started to drive.

"Yeah," Dustin chuckled.

10 minutes later they made it to the house and Carmen started changing as she was about to head to Shuji's house. When she got done she started walking to the door.

"You leaving now," Lanita asked.

"Yeah, it's a 12-minute walk," Carmen replied as the boys looked at her.

"Where's she going," Dustin asked his mother.

"None of your business," Carmen rolled her eyes and Dustin mocked her.

"Your sister has a project to get to, Carmen, I want you home by 9," Lanita instructed.

"And if you feel uncomfortable-" Lanita started.