Part IV

~Rize

I have been in the past for one month now. Ever since I woke up, they had assumed I had some kind of amnesia. By 'they' I mean Yumi and Akira. I hate to lie to them since they were so kind to me so I told them the truth, about who I am and where I come from, which is the future. But they said that I was just dreaming when I was unconcious.

After that I kept mum about me being from the future. I have to keep shut if I wanted to survive in this place. The place I'm staying in is a palace, Yumi said it was the Moon's Palace built by my ancestors.

I also asked them about why the servants are all women. I was curious about it for a long time now. Akira said it was because we are in the inner walls of the palace and since I was here it was forbidden for men to see me, hence the servants are all women. And all the men were living in the outer walls.

I had also asked them how is it that they called me an oni before. Akira explained it to me that I was the strongest pure blood oni in the North. Being born as a Moon priestess too. She also explained that being an oni gives you special abilities. Like for example, regeneration. The stronger the oni the faster we regenerate. We also have an appearance that differs from humans, a transformation she says. But most oni doesn't show their oni skin so humans who encounter oni's are not aware that that person is an oni. We also have far longer life spans than humans.

I was thinking, if we have strong regenerative abilities, why did I sleep for almost 5 years? When I asked the girls this they didn't answer me and merely look away and changed the topic. It was strange really, but I don't wanna pressure them into answering. I'll find out eventually anyways.

I was having a stroll in the garden when I was summoned by a servant.

"My lady." A girl about sixteen bowed before she said anything. "Mistress Akira and Mistress Yumi has asked for your presence in the common hall, my lady." She added.

"Yes, I will go to them in a moment." I just said.

I then followed the maid to where Akira and Yumi is. When I got there Yumi as always was the cheery one. She immediately smiled at me and latched into my arm while as Akira was just sitting holding a cup of tea and smiling at me.

"You asked for me?" I asked cause it was kind of weird that they'd send someone to fetch me. Usually it was them that comes to me.

"Rize! Rize!" Yumi excitedly said my name. "Where going out!!" She yelled excitedly.

I turned to Akira with a face that says 'what does she mean?'.

Akira put her cup of tea in the table and said, "We were thinking, since you woke up last month, you haven't got a chance to go outside the palace. We are going out today to give you a tour around town."

After she said that I was staring at them quite not expecting what they were saying. Then a smile broke my face.

"Now? Oh my, I have to get ready then!" I admit I was kind of excited, well really excited since it's my first time to go out of the palace.I then stood up quickly and gave a short bow to the two girls and maid my way to my room quickly.

"See told yah she's gonna be happy!" I heard Yumi said to Akira.

~

We rode a carriage to the market and when I walked out of the carriage I saw a market, and a busy one at that too. So many people that are busy selling and buying things every where.

I wore a hood to cover my long silver hair. People would get curious as to my silver hair and to avoid that I wore a black hood.

After sometime I got dragged to where ever by Yumi and Akira was not too far behind. I was introduced to people and given a tour to every important place in town.

After sometime I got tired and asked them if we could get some rest for awhile. They agreed, though Yumi found a friend and was invited for tea so she said sorry to me and that she has to entertain her friend, whose name was Sen, or she would never hear the end of it. And Akira she said she'll buy us something to eat.

I was left here alone when they have left. This place is really different from the city life I was used to. But the change is quite nice actually.

I stood up getting bored and tried looking at stalls myself. I have noticed that they use gold or silver ingots to buy things here.

I began walking until I get to the last stall when I began walking back to where Akira left me, I found myself lost. To find them I kept walking but no luck, I'm totally lost!

Now I found myself near a river bank. It was peaceful and there are many beautiful flowers blooming here. I decided to spend my time here waiting to be found by them and not getting myself lost again.

~