Chapter 4

*CHRIS'S POV*

I instinctively pulled her for a hug, like I needed it so bad.

After awhile, she pulled away.

"what's your name?" I asked.

"it's... Not really important."

"it is."

"fine. It's Zam."

"Zam...?"

"just Zam." she said sitting on the couch.

"thank you, so much for taking care of me." I said, sitting beside her.

"it's alright sir, it's a part of my job."

"I don't think so... i don't think leaving a bucket beside my bed or giving me remedies for hangover is a part of your job."

She chuckled and nodded.

I love her smile.

"I mean, I get drunk too, so why not share my knowledge to help others avoid the struggles of a hangover." she said.

"you're an amazing person. The small things you did means a lot to me so... You might find me weird, I don't care, I'm still thankful." I smiled.

"stop thanking me, sir." she said.

"stop calling me "sir", my name is-"

"Chris." she said softly.

She knows my name.

I'm so glad she knows my name. When she said it, my heart skipped a beat. She hits me real different.

"so you know? I'm honored an angel like you know my name." I said.

The fuck? I remember not being this cheesy.

"dude, I'm not even close to being an angel." she said, redness on her cheeks showing.

I continued talking to her, asking her about herself, she tries not to give me much information, which makes her mysterious and interesting.

Then, we suddenly caught each other's eyes. There was pure silence, just eyes connecting.

Then Remy arrived with a new uniform.

*ZAM'S POV*

"I'm glad it's all straightened out." Remy said, looking at me then at Chris, Chris thanked him.

"sir, if you need anything, beer, food, into about Zee-"

"hey!" I quickly reacted, couldn't hide my blushing cheeks.

"just give me a call, now, I'll leave you two alone." he said, smirking at me before heading out.

"don't mind him... I gotta... I gotta go." I said, getting up, but Chris suddenly held my wrist gently.

"hey, don't leave, I just met my angel, why would you leave me so quickly?" He said looking up at me with his gentle, warm hazel brown eyes.

I couldn't resist.