001 - 𝘷𝘪 *

" stop calling me that. "
" but you're so sweet, like a cupcake.

WARNINGS:
make-out stuff, pet names, teasing

piltover, act one

' i'm bored. ' vi exclaimed, dropping her head on my shoulder. currently, i was trying to follow up on the latest updates on the bomber and looter that is currently wanted all over piltover. i'm only new to the force, so i'm not as respected, and i'm doing everything to get my peers respect.

so i've decided to solve the case with this bomber, and that way maybe they'll respect me... but it's hard when i have a certain girl constantly pestering me.

' vi, i'm trying to focus. you told me you would help, so if you wont, you can leave. ' i grumbled as vi's head dragged off my shoulder and landed on my lap. i sighed.

i've known vi since forever. she's my best friend, and i couldn't do anything without her. i met her when i was little and i "ran" away from home—but really was only having a fit and would be home later—when i accidentally ventured into zaun where i met a young, pink-haired girl. ever since then, we've been each others person. the only problem was that our friendship had to be a secret. and, we both sort of had a thing for each other.

if my parents knew i was sneaking in someone from the undercity, i'd be grounded for life. and even worse, i'd be restricted from seeing vi for the rest of my life.

' cmonn, ' vi groaned, ' can't we just take a little break? we've been working since like, 3am. it's.. 'her eyes dragged toward my alarm clock on the night-stand behind me, ' 10 now. we haven't eaten since-.. yesterday. i'm starving. '

' i have to get this done. if i do, then- '

' -then you're co-workers will finally respect you, and then you won't be hazed anymore, blah blah blah. i know. you complain a lot. ' vi cut me off, sitting up instead of resting her head on my lap. ' that doesn't mean you should kill yourself trying to solve this case. '

' it's not just for me. ' i dropped my pencil, running my hands through my hair, ' it's for all of piltover. people are demanding results; demanding someone be prosecuted for all this damage, for the lives of enforcers, of citizens- '

' and i get that. but why overwork yourself like this? it's not like all the pressure is on you. all the rest of the enforcers are on this, right? ' when i didn't answer, she leaned forward so she was back in my view, ' right? ' she asked again.

i rolled my eyes. ' right. ' i sighed, still adverting my gaze.

' so.. take a break. not everything has to be on you. ' vi shrugged, carefully tucking a piece of hair behind my shoulder, her eyes looking to my collarbone. my heart fluttered, and i finally looked to her eyes. she looked up to mine as well, our gaze's meeting in a chilling eye contact. my lips slightly parted, my eyes flickering between hers that stared deep into mine, before flicking down to my lips.

i wanted so badly to close the space between us, to let myself be vulnerable and give in to myself, but i couldn't. i would disgrace my family; she's from the undercity, and i'm from a highly respected family. it's forbidden.

i took a sharp breath, and moved away. i stood, turning so my back was facing her. ' let's go get some food, then. '

vi didn't respond, and i didn't hear her footsteps. so i simply started forwards, turning the doorknob and opening the door before it was quickly slammed in front of me, and hands flipped me around. my back was pushed against the now closed door, and i gasped in shock, vi's hand whipping to pin me against the wall.