002 - 𝘷𝘪 *

" vi, really?! now? "
" i'll have you whenever i damn want to. "

WARNINGS:
— make-out, teasing, risky stuff, pet-names, smut

zaun, act two

as of right now, it had been 6 years and 11 months since the incident. the incident where my best friends—my family—died in a horrible accident involving an explosion. ever since they died, the lanes have grown to be a sick place under silco's rule.

many of the people i knew in the lanes have fallen into the addiction wave of shimmer, the drug silco produces. they relied on it so much that they followed silco after vander's fall hoping to find their next fix as soon as they could.

luckily i didn't fall under the ruse of silco's words, and stayed away from shimmer. i've hidden for years, especially from jinx. jinx was silco's most prized possession, and she could do no wrong in his eyes. realistically, she was the most destructive person in all of shurima.

although, even though i haven't fallen a slave to silco, it didn't make my life good. i've been hiding in the abandoned building where everyone i knew and loved died, living off of scraps and things i get brought occasionally from someone i know.

i cried nearly every night. i missed my friends, and i missed my girlfriend, vi. we'd only been dating three months by the time she died, but i still loved her more then i loved anyone before. the ache in my chest whenever i thought about her, or powder and mylo and claggor was blinding and it hurt so much.

it hurt me more to know powder was only ten when she died. she barely lived her life. so here i am, nine-teen and living in a shit-hole and just trying to get by, wasting the life powder could have had if i just made her stay at home instead of letting her influence me into taking her on the mission to get vander back. it's my fault. powders death, their death, it's my fault.

and i'll never forgive myself for it.

in an act of desperation for food or water or some sort of substance i can eat, i decided to sneak into the last drop; which really isn't the last drop anymore. it's changed now.

however, upon arrival, i was instantly kicked out and not allowed in. now, there's an entry fee? apparently i didn't have enough for it. so they threw me on my ass, telling me not to come back. i sighed, pushing myself up back onto my feet and throwing my hood back over my head. i stared ahead, my mind blank.

something flashed above me, and my eyes whipped toward it. it was a woman jumping from roof to roof, although the style was familiar. i narrowed my eyes, and she ventured further, and suddenly someone appeared behind her and seemed to be heaving, trying to keep up with the woman. i looked back to the girl ahead, who jumped down far ahead of me in the alley i was in.

she flicked her hood off her head, and i almost gasped when i saw the vibrant pink that was her hair. it was so familiar. but it wasn't vi, no, she was dead. i watched the building explode...

...right?

the other girl, who's hair was a deep blue, jumped down behind her. she heaved to catch her breath, falling against the wall.