Go

A/N: Hello! So this is a super short mini series revolving around the zoo episode of Teen Wolf--and more accurately, how it could have gone very very wrong. So, small chapters, big feels! Hope you enjoy!

A/N warning: This chapter includes violence, threats of violence and torture, and talk of death. If any of these themes are at all triggering, please take care <3 

___

Theo was just starting to find his place. Sure, his place was next to a Beta with anger issues that would rather use Theo as live bait than see him as an actual human being, but it was his place in Beacon Hills. His purpose. And yeah, maybe he knew it was never meant to be permanent--knew that Liam would eventually kick him out of his life when the hunters and everything weren't such a threat–but he thought he at least had a little time.

And truthfully, he always thought his time would end with him sacrificing himself for Liam. That was the whole plan anyway, right–lead all the hunters to the zoo and use Theo as bait to give Liam's pack a chance?

He had known, from the moment he heard Liam's plan, that his time was ending... that he was going to have to bite the bullet so the Beta and his stupid pack could survive.

And he was at peace with that. Or, at least, he was okay with it if it meant that Liam wouldn't know the pain of a violent death.

What Theo was not at peace with, not even remotely okay with, was that when his time came, it didn't end with death. It ended with an arrow careening towards Liam's skull that Theo caught in his hand effortlessly--an arrow covered in sticky residue that stuck to his hands as his muscles began to numb.

"Shit," Theo muttered, his legs giving out on him, causing him to crash on the rocky ground.

"Theo!" Liam rushed to his side.

Theo shook his head. The heartbeats of hunters were growing close–too close. "Go. Liam, they... you have to go."

Liam ignored him, digging his arms under Theo's armpits to begin dragging him.

"Just go!" Theo wanted to move, to force himself out of Liam's arms, but all he could do was throw his head back to look at the Beta.

"Shut up and let me help you."

"Just–"

Liam cut him off with a deep, guttural growl.

"...Liam. If they catch you, they're going to kill you. You know they will."

Liam paused at that. Theo could hear the beta's heart skip a beat.

"If they kill you," Theo continued, "it'll be like killing a part of your pack–a part of Scott."

"I... but you–"

Theo swallowed. "If they find me, then it's going to be a lot less impactful. No one's going to care about me. But if they find you, then they win."

"No. No. Theo–"

"Go already!"

Theo wasn't sure if it was his Chimera powers making his words more threatening, or if it was just the reality of it all, but something caused Liam to lower Theo to the ground and step away.