Part 1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. "Morning sunshine" my husband Logan said to me, as he wrapped his arms around me. "Come on, let me go I have to get ready for work."
"Do you have to go?"
"Yes, those 12 year olds need me" I said with a little laugh.
"Fine." he said, letting me go. I hopped out of bed and got ready for the day. After I was ready I grabbed a travel mug and filled with coffee and grabbed my bag. "Bye honey" I told Logan.
"Bye" he said with a kiss. "I'll see you when you get home." And with that I walked out the door and drove to the middle school.

Vanessa was still at the school when her cell phone started ringing. The caller ID said it was her husband Logan. "Hey honey! I'm still at work; I have a little bit more work to do. But then I'll be home. I promise. Mhmm A movie night at home sounds great!" she said smiling. "Okay I've got to go. I love you too!" She ended the call not knowing what was going to be waiting for her at home.
Vanessa unlocked the door to her condo and announced "Honey, I'm home!" There was no answer. "Logan I know you're home. We talked like 20 minutes ago." I said as I slipped off my shoes and jacket. "I swear if you come out and scare me again I'll kill you." I said joking. I went into the bedroom to change into some more comfortable clothes. "Logan? Are you okay?" I was getting worried. I never expected to see what I saw on the floor of our living room. Logan lying on the floor in a puddle of blood, shards of glass scattered around the room.