Part 4

The next morning the detective drove to Logan's firm. "Do you you have a meeting or any ID?" the receptionist asked.
Detective Martin" he flashed his badge " I'm here to investigate the murder of Logan Smith."
"Oh my God! What a tragedy. I can take you to my boss, if you'd like."
"Yes that is whom I've come to speak with." The detective waited for Mr. Johnson to come out. "Hello. Detective Martin I presume. I heard of Mr. Smith's murder, such a shame. He was such a great man and worker."
"Yes, yes. Now Mr. Johnson where were you at 5:30 pm yesterday?"
"Well I was on my way out"
"Is there any way I can make sure this is liable information?"
"I was on the phone with my wife. Here's the proof" he said, showing his phone to the detective " Right there phone call to my wife at 5:32 pm yesterday"
" Okay then. Is there anyone who might have wanted to murder Mr. Smith?"
" No not that I would know of. Mr. Smith was a very liked man. I don't look too closely to my workers private lives and I'm quite a busy man. You may talk to his assistant, Miranda Jackson, she might have more information for you."
"Thank you for your time, Mr. Johnson." Te detective walked out and asked the secretary where he could find Miranda. " Just go down this hall make a left turn and then a right. You should be able to find her quite easily, she's the only one with bright, vibrant redish/ orange hair."
"Thank you." The secretary wasn't lying when she said Miranda wasn't that hard to find, he could see her hair right away knowing it was her. She was also short about 5'4 around the same hight the murderer is. " Miranda Jackson?"
"Yes and you?"
"Detective Martin. I'm investigating Logan Smith's murder."
"Oh my gosh! He was murdered?!"
"Yes he has been. Can you tell me where you were last night at 5:30?"
"I was at the grocery store."
" Does this store have video camera?"
" Probably, I'm not sure."
"Do you know of anyone who might want to kill Mr. Smith?"
"Not that I can think of."
"Was Mr. Smith disliked by anyone?"
"Not really. He was quite liked. We used to date before he met his wife, but that was ages ago." She said thinking "Well there was this one guy, his name is Mark Spein. Logan accidentally got him fired. He wasn't doing his job very well came in drunk a couple times. So Logan reported him. Mark was fired the next week. It was quite a relief, Mark wasn't very liked around here. Mark tried attacking Logan on his last day but security helped with that."
"Do you know where I can find this Mark guy?"
"No, sorry. You can ask Jenny, Mr. Johnson's secretary."
"Do you have any other information you'd like to give me?"
"Not that I can think of."
"Well I guess I'll be going" After he finished talking to Miranda, Martin talked to some other coworkers. Everyone had an alibi and when Martin asked about Mark everyone seemed to feel the same way about him, that no one liked Mark. As the detective was leaving Miranda came running up to him. " I almost forgot. I have Logan's work phone, he left it yesterday and I was going to give it to him today but.." she said trailing off.
"Thank you. This might help us with our investigation." The detective said.
I was starting to suspect Miranda, not a very good alibi, had Logan's phone, the right hight for the murder, had a previous relationship. But so does this Mark Spein, Logan got him fired, probably more likely to be able to kill Logan. The neighbors said they saw a black car pull up to the Smith's house last night and the driver was let into the house. I've got to find Mark Spein.