Part 3

Vanessa walked into an interrogation room. "Mrs. Smith I presume."
"Yes, and you are?"
"Detective Martin. I will tell you that right now, that you're one of our only suspects"
"But I swear I didn't kill him!" Vanessa announced.
"Let's just start with some questions. Where were you at 5:30 pm this afternoon?"
"I was at the middle school grading papers, getting ready to leave. I had just talked on the phone with Logan." Vanessa said
"Is there anyone we can ask to see if your alibi is legible?"
"You can ask the janitor or check the security footage we have at the school."
"We'll make sure to check that. So how long had you and Mr. Smith been married?"
"It's been almost three years but before we got married we dated for four years." Vanessa said with a small smile remembering the day Logan had proposed.
"Have you had a fight recently? Something you two didn't agree with?"
"No we haven't, sure we would have a few bickers, like who'd get the last pizza slice but nothing huge that'd I kill him over!"
"What did he do for a living?"
"My husband works, worked at a firm."
"Is there anyone at Logan's work who might have wanted to kill him?"
"No everyone is quite friendly."
"Has he seemed stressed lately? Or a little off?"
"Not that I've noticed."
"Well thank you for your time Mrs. Smith. We'll try to figure out your husband's murder as soon as possible."
"Thank you detective Martin" Vanessa said grimly, walking out of the room and walked over to where Lexi was waiting. Detective Martin walked over to his desk and sat down when someone shouted "Detective Martin!" It was the coroner Michael.
"What is it Michael?"
"So I've finished the examination. It looks like he was fighting because of the bruise on his eye then there was a blow to the head. He was hit by something made of glass; there was a few glass shards in the wound, like a vase or bottle. From the angle of the hit the was shorter, possibly 5'4 to 5'7 The hit wasn't the cause of death though. It was the loss of blood coming from the stomach, where he was stabbed multiple times." Looking up from his notes.
"Okay thank you, Michael."