Austin Gunn (sister reader)- Come back home (angst)

POV Elizabeth

There isn't a lot that Austin and Colten Gunns co-workers don't know about them. It's hard not to know anything about Austin, he is like an open book after all and loves to share everything and anything about his life.

But one thing only close friends of his knew is that the brothers have another sibling.

My name is Elizabeth Gunn, I am 14 years old and the sister of the Gunns. I always believed that I was some kind of family secret, but it never really bothered me. Exept for the fact that they constantly worry about me and don't want me to get hurt in any way, which is reasonable, given that I am my parents' (Billy and Paula Gunn) only daughter but it's still very annoying.

This also makes it really hard for me to do anything yet alone date anyone.

About two months ago, I proposed to my one year crush, who is also a classmate of mine. Luckily, he felt the same way for me, and we've been dating ever since. While we were dating, I came up with a plan to sneak out and see him without my parents knowing. They would totally freak out if they ever knew about the countless times I lied to them that I would go to visit a friend to do some school work.

Because my boyfriend didn't want us to be a secret anymore and wanted to meet my parents badly, I had agreed hesitantly and slowly introduced him to them as a friend, which backfired completely. Long story short, somehow my dad figured out that he was more than just a friend to me, at the dinner table, which led to a huge argument between us.

After that incident, I knew that I had to be more careful and could only see him once a week or so in private.

Just like tonight. I have waited for approximately an hour now for my parents and brothers to go to sleep. I slowly got up from my bed and opened the door to check the hallway. Everything was clear so I quietly made my way downstairs, which was harder than I thought, grabbed the keys, and slowly opened the front door before shutting it behind me. A few steps away from the house, I started to jog down the dimly lit street, not even once looking back.

I knew the way to my boyfriends house like the back of my hand, so this wasn't unusual in any way for me. But I couldn't deny the adrenaline rush I always had, along with the excitement, that I could finally see him again.

After a few minutes, I stopped to catch my breath and looked around me, seeing nothing more than a couple of houses and a stray cat. After I calmed down a bit, I started to walk again until I saw the outline of my boyfriends' house.

In my excitement, I started to walk faster, not noticing the car slowly approaching me from behind. When I finally looked behind me, a feeling of dread overcame me.

No one other than my brother Austin himself had gotten out of the car and was walking towards me. I could faintly make out the angry expression he had on his face. I didn't know what to say or do so I just stood there in disbelief. Then I started to cry. "N-no Austin please don't tell dad! I'll do anything I promise-
"Just get in the car" His tone was sharp as if he was annoyed of me.
'Shit', I thought. I've never seen him this cold before.

I looked back at the sillouette of the house again. I would have to text him later then.

I plopped down next to the drivers seat, defeated. I couldn't look him in the eyes, I was too scared of his reaction.
"Why did you do this again? After dad literally told you a million times to stop hanging out with this guy."
I became angry. "It is not his decision and neither yours to decide who I can and can not date or even love! You can't keep me away from him, let alone the public forever. I am grown and can make my own decisions without the help of any of you!"
Austin didn't say anything after that. The entire ride home was in silence and suddenly, I felt ashamed of everything.

At the door, he stopped and looked at me. "I'm sorry", I said. "But please don't tell him." Instead of answering me he leaned in and hugged me. "You know we only want the best for you Lizzy. And you might love him now, but we can tell when someone has a bad influence on you. Sooner or later, you'll get it."
I just looked down, walked to my room and cried.

The next morning, I made my way down the stairs only to see my parents with a very disappointed look on their faces.
"You're grounded Lizzy."

I just stared at them blankly and then at Austin who sat on the couch, looking at me as if he was sorry for me.

"And we have decided to take away your phone for now, for you to actually focus on school and nothing else," my dad said as he reached his hand out demandingly.

Angry and embarrassed, I slowly passed him my phone.

'Great', I thought, 'I guess I'll never be able to become my own person as long as I'm with my family.'

Eventhough I have always loved them dearly, from that moment on I made the decision to move out once I am old enough and finally have my own life.