Chapter 5

Location: Along the road to the building, a couple miles west.

TW: (a brief mention of... well, I can't say it, but it starts with an r. If it's triggering, I apologize, You can skip this chapter if you'd like.)
~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~

It's cold today. It's really cold. I don't remember what happened, it's raining. I looked at the sky above me, and the next thing I knew was that I was't alive anymore. My body was dragged across the floor by a car.

I think it was a car... it felt more like a truck. I just got lost. I don't know where I am, I don't know where home is, I don't even remember what my home looks like. My parents asked me to go pick up something and I got lost. I don't know why they wanted me to go alone.

It's bad parenting on their part, but what happened has happened. I'm dead. My body got dragged along the road like roadkill. I was killed at 9 years old. I didn't even make it to double digits yet.

I see blue and red lights come by as I sink to the forest that was on my right. I looked around my ghostly body to see any of my injuries. The only things visible were the injuries of my wrist, the deep scratches around my body when I was dragged across, and my broken jaw, the lower half was now dislocated. It still hurts. I wanted it to stop hurting.

I put my jaw back to its location before thinking. Mommy and Daddy are going to be so upset with me. I ended up crying as I sunk down behind a tree, thinking about how my parents would react. I had never been alone before. I didn't like it. Not at all. I stopped crying, but I covered my ears to block out any noise from the street. I think there were multiple gunshots all around.

I hold myself as I close my eyes, not noticing that I was falling asleep. The one thing waking me was the sound of a single gunshot, which caused me to duck even if there wasn't anything to hide under. I looked around, even looking from behind the tree that I was sleeping under, and noticed the police were running after somebody, another girl. She looked... disheveled.

There was another girl too, but this one was running towards me. I looked up at her, and she looked a little but worse. She was limping, and she was crying. She looked hurt. The girl sat down next to me before starting a conversation. "So, what's your story?" She asked me. I looked at her, confused. "Well?"

"I just died. I got hit by a car not too long ago." The girl nodded her head. "I just ran from a bad man who took me away while I was in the forest." She was wiping her tears away. "I didn't like what he did to me. I didn't like it at all." The girl whispered the things that happened, and it made me cry too.

"Do you need a place to go? I know somewhere you can stay." She looked ahead of her. I tilted my head confused as the girl got up. "Are you sure?" She nodded. "Yeah, you're a lost soul in the woods. I know someone who you'd be great friends with... and you seem lonely." She slowly got up, holding herself from slight pain.

It was now midnight, and what choice did I have? I didn't want to be lonely anymore. The girl held out her hand to me, so I took it though I phased through. "Let's go it's going to take a bit longer, but... I need to take it slow for now." She smiled a bit through her pain, walking ahead of me. I followed behind her.

It felt nice to have someone around after a bad day, even if I had just met her. She would turn her head every few times to see if I was still following. I was. "What's your name?" I floated in front of her. She stopped in her tracks.

"It's Nekola." She smiled at me before continuing to walk. "I've heard of you! Well, my parents heard of you." I was next to her now. "What'd they say?" She was looking ahead, not even paying attention to me. "It's all over the news about you going missing! Well, not just you but a few others too."