6.

Our pasts collides, evermore━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Hwa-young had a massive headache after last night, thankfully Jae-eon had left her hangover medicine. Jae-eon had also left her a text stating that he'd see her later, to drink the hangover medicine, and that he was skipping class. Though, there was a part of her that wish he stayed especially when they didn't have much alone time.

The young woman had made her way to the building that she had class in. She was too busy listening to music to hear her name being called. So, a hand pulled her arm, Hwa-young spun around to get a glance who it was. Once she knew, her eyes widened and a grinned showed on her face.

"Jong-suk!"

Hwa-young wrapped her arms around his neck and his around her waist, he mumbled into her ear, "I missed you."

Jong-suk and Hwa-young's friendship blossomed during their freshman year in college. At first, they were just classmates who occasionally talked about assignments and exams. But as they started to get to know each other better, they began to spend more time together during lunch breaks and outside of classes. Before long, Jong-suk became a part of Hwa-young's small group of friends, which included Bit-na, Gyu-hyun, and Nabi. Eventually, Hwa-young and Jong-suk's dynamic changed into each other's first relationship. They truly cared for each other, and still do. Yet, after a year, Hwa-young decided on ending it because Jong-suk was leaving to study aboard for two years and she didn't want a long distance relationship. Though, they still called and texted each other while he was away, keeping their friendship alive as no time passed.

"I missed you, too! But why are you here?", Hwa-young pulled away as Jong-suk responded.

"I decided on coming back, to finish senior year here instead."

"You what?," Hwa-young was shocked to say the least, especially when he gave no hints at wanting to come back early.

"Yup," Jong-suk wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they started walking, "and I start today in the morning class with you."

the one I have with jae-eon...but he's skipping today, Hwa-young thought to herself before she smiled up at Jong-suk and the two walked towards class.

━━━━━━━━

Hwa-young was in a daze, randomly sketching as she sat with Bit-na, Gyu-hyun, and Nabi. She had been too busy thinking about Jong-suk reappearance to not pay attention to Bit-na and Gyu-hyun conversation.

The sound of hearing the professor coming in caused her to finally be more attentive. She closed her sketch book before standing up to uncover her sculpture. The professor was looking at the art work around the room, giving everyone an okay before diving off to a different topic, "It's so nice out today. Perfect weather for a date, right?"

The students laughed, "I am serious. Don't tell me you guys are all single. Come on guys, at your age all of you should have had at least one serious relationship by now. Hmm? Don't buy all that nonsense about great art being born out of loneliness if you want real inspiration you'll only get it once you know what it's like to be in love"

"I am sick of hearing all of this crap. I thought class was over, " Bit-na muttered causing Hwa-young and Nabi to chuckle.

"Love is the only thing in the world that can take even the roughest person alive and transform them, make them finer than the smallest grain of sand," the professor sighed when she receive no response or reaction, "I can't believe you guys. You are art majors. Be inspired. Let me tell you something one student told me. He said he doesn't do relationships."

Hwa-young was surprising more attentive to the professor as she glanced away from her sculpture. The professor continued, " Sure, he'll flirt. Even date, but basically he just want to have fun. No commitment. No promises, nothing. Then, he should just have one-night stands, right? Don't you think that's sad."

Whether or not it had been Jae-eon who said it, it reminded Hwa-young of him. The odd feeling that she was getting when she heard the professor's words threw her off. Yet, she put those thoughts away, knowing her work needed her full attention.

━━━━━━━━

Jae-eon was busy hanging out with Seol-A someone from his past. He noticed he hadn't received any messages from Hwa-young especially after his this morning. He frowned at it, wondering what she was off doing, if she had thought about him or if she was okay after getting drunk last night. Just as he was about to text her, Seol-A called his name out. Stealing his attention as he put his phone away.

I'll see her later, he thought.

Though, Hwa-young at the moment was busy spending time with Jong-suk, Gyu-hyun, Bit-na, and Nabi. She was feeling a little nostalgic when all five of them were out eating  like old times.

"Yah! I can't believe the power couple is back together!" Bit-na had cheers to it as she drank another shot.

Hwa-young chuckled, playing it off, "Yea, yea, yea."

Gyu-hyun questioned Jong-suk, "What have you been up to?"

The group paid attention as Jong-suk shared information that Hwa-young knew already, "I was in New York—bright lights, busy everyday, and different cultures all around."

Nabi smiled, she truly wanted to visit there as well, "That's amazing."

"Make any new friends?", Bit-na questioned though everyone knew exactly what was being asked— any new kinds of relationships?

Jong-suk chuckled before his eyes landed on Hwa-young and then to the group every now and then as he answered, "A few. Just fun nights. Nothing serious."

Bit-na glanced at Hwa-young to see any reaction and she got none. To say she was shocked was an understatement especially when she knew her friend. She knew Hwa-young had a little bit of a jealous side when it came to those she really liked. Had Jong-suk said this a year ago, Hwa-young would've shown some kind of annoyance, no matter how little.

"Did you go to the museums?", Nabi questioned hoping to change the subject.

The day soon turned into night as everyone headed home. Though Jong-suk and Hwa-young walked together. The two talking about the classes he would be taking for the rest of the semester.

Jong-suk was a writing major, and he minored in sculpting art. So, his classes were mainly composition which meant that the two didn't have a lot of classes together— just the one that Jae-eon was in.

"Will I have you all to myself now?"

Hwa-young chuckled, "Could you handle all the attention I would bring?"

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer, "Most definitely."

Jong-suk added, "I really did miss you."

"I missed you too." The two continued on their walk home.

Nearby, Jae-eon had watched the entire encounter. He wondered what their relationship was especially when a part of him didn't like to their interactions. Is that why she hadn't responded to me?

"Who is that?"

Jae-eon turned to his side, almost forgetting that Seol-A was next to him, "My senior, Hwa-young."

"A flower? Funny," Seol-A mentioned, "you are like the butterfly landing on the flower. Maybe she is your destiny?"

"No, you know, you are."