Chapter 1

It all started when he kissed me.
Was this real or was this just my imagination? Was he kissing me because he liked me or was he trying to mend my broken heart?
Was this his way of telling me that he was here for me?
Do I want to kiss him back?
I fell for him the moment I stared at him.
As I laid down beside him, I noticed he had the perfect face and the perfect lips.
He looked so innocent, why am I just realizing this? Can a kiss change how you feel about a person?
It was all fine and sweet until I remembered he was the guy my best friend had feelings for.
I woke him up and told him he had to leave immediately.
He sat down on the bed staring at me in confusion.
He wanted me to say something, I could see it in his eyes.
He stood up from the bed and picked up his things.
He walked towards the door, stopped right behind the door and turned to face me,
"Do you really want me to leave?" Kelvin asked me quietly. Yeah, Kelvin was his name.
I couldn't say a word because deep down I wanted him to stay. What I did was wrong but I didn't regret it.
So I opened the door and pushed him out of the room saying we will talk about it later.
I could not avoid this fact because we work in the same office. Five minutes after he left, someone knocked at the door.
It was my best friend, Kem.
I opened the door as Kem smiled and hugged me immediately she entered the room.
I didn't feel comfortable talking about Kelvin with her but our conversations these days were always about Kelvin.
I knew the truth before he kissed me, he doesn't like Kemicia.
I tried to make her see that he was not interested in her.
I saw things clearly, which she didn't. But she never wants to listen to me.
"Where are we going tonight?" Kem said while going through my clothes.

"Kem I'm not in the mood." I said as I shut the door and came behind her.
"Kate I know you just got your heart broken, but you can't be like this forever. You really have to move on"
I could feel the emotions in her words. I guess she cared. Yes I know I haven't told you guys about my ex. Permit me to make a recap
Strangely, I guess I was never really in love with my ex while dating him.
The fact I could get over him so quickly made me doubt if I truly ever had feelings for him in the first place.
How quickly did you get over your ex?
I guess many people will say they never actually did.
I remember the first day we met.
It was raining and the streets were busy with people running about in a rush to get home.
I was walking slowly down the street when I felt the raindrops hit my skin.
I was depressed, I was passing through the worst days of my life and I couldn't be bothered to get out of the rain.
But suddenly, I could not feel the rain anymore.
I looked up in mild surprise to see an umbrella over my head.
That was when I saw my ex for the first time.
He had the most calming face ever. And at the time, he genuinely seemed like the sweetest person.
Guys, permit me to move forward. We got into a relationship and I was relatively happy. After the sweetest one year of my life, he betrayed me.
But this story is not about him, It's about me.
"Kate, you spaced out again." Kem said a bit concerned.
I think she had asked me a question but I didn't reply because I didn't hear what she said. "Are you okay?" she asked again
Why do people keep asking me this? I'm obviously fine or at least I'm going to be.

"I'm fine," I said with a smile.
She nodded her head, and went back to shuffling through my closet.
"Yes this is it." Kem said with a triumphant smile as she pulled a dress out and stretched it in front of me.
I smiled a bit as I took the dress from her. Yes I like this dress, it always makes me feel good.
"Should we invite him?" Kem asked me suddenly as a red blush spread across her cheeks.
"Who's him?" I asked her, mildly confused.
She turned to me and gave me a conspiratory look.
"You know, don't make me say his name." she replied with a coy smile.
I realized she was talking about Kelvin and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. The kiss between Kelvin and I changed a lot.
"Invite him if you want to," I replied nonchalantly.
"You know he won't come if I ask him to, but he will come if you are the one who invites him," she said as she walked over to my bed and sat down.
I kept her quiet and kept on looking at myself in the mirror. I didn't reply, because even though I knew what she said was true, I still didn't want to ask him to come.
"Come on, he is your friend" she said pleadingly in an effort to change my mind.
I finally left the mirror and turned around to face her.
I still had no idea if I was going to invite him or not but what she said was going through my head.
She said Kelvin was my friend. Hmmm.
Is he really? I asked myself.