Heat Haze Daze

Reader's POV~

I wake up to a very pretty day in the summer. There were no clouds, and the sun was shining down. Wait, what time is it?! I look at my phone to see it's...12:20?! CRUD! I was supposed to meet up with Alfred at the park at 12:00! Luckily for me, the park is only about 10 minutes away.

~Timeskip from hamburgers~

"Hey dudette! Thought you wouldn't show up!" Alfred said as I ran up to him. I glared at him. "I thought you knew I slept in!" I said, sitting down next to him. "Yeah, and that's why I kinda, sorta don't like summer." He laughed, and said, " Check out this cat I found! Doesn't it look cool?" he said, holding up a black cat with blue eyes. I nodded. Alfred smiled and said, "Of course the HERO would find such a cool cat!"

All of a sudden, the cat jumped from Alfred and ran away. "Hey! Come back here!" Alfred yelled, chasing after the cat. I giggled as I followed them. It DID look quite funny, with the cat running a little faster than Alfred. Soon, the cat ran into the road...and Alfred followed! "ALFRED! WAIT!" I tried yelling, but it was no use. He didn't hear me. He ran straight into the street...in front of a speeding truck...

"ALFRED!" I shouted as I ran to him. I heard a mean-sounding chuckle, and I looked up to see me! Well, not exactly. She looked like me, only red and more evil. "He didn't like the heat, so he got hit by a heat haze daze," she said as I blacked out. Though, I did see a lot of clocks. I also saw Heat Haze Daze smear one of the clocks with Alfred's blood.

I woke up to the sound of a ticking clock, in my room. I look to see the time, 12:20. Wait, I wonder if Alfred is at the park? I mean, that was all a dream...right?

~Timeskip from dogs since cats are evil~

I arrived at the park, and Alfred was there, with the same cat from my dream. "Hey dudette! Kinda a surprise to see ya here. Aren't you supposed to be sleeping in?" he joked, petting the cat. I shrugged. I don't think I should tell him about my dream. He might freak out.

The cat started running away again, but I stopped Alfred this time. "Y-you know, I think we should leave," I said, glancing in the direction that the cat ran off in. He nodded, and we started walking home. We had only walked for a little bit when we saw a bunch of people pointing at the sky, gaping. Suddenly, a pole fell from the sky straight through Alfred. I screamed; not again! I heard another chuckle, and I saw Heat Haze Daze standing there, a smirk on her face. "I bet you wish you were asleep, but you're not." I stared at her for a split second before I began to black out...but I swear I saw Alfred standing there with such a dark smile...

~Timeskip from America's Revolution(I feel horrible)~

Why? Why won't it stop? How many times have I seen Alfred die now? Every time he died, Heat Haze Daze made another clock bloody. Only one is left now, and I know what I need to do. As the truck was about to hit him, I pushed him out of the way. I may have gotten hit, but I saved him...I saw Heat Haze Daze stand there, shocked. I swear I saw a tear roll down her face. Alfred cried, but I smiled. "Guess I was the hero today Alfred," I said quietly, but he heard me. I blacked out once more, but I swear I saw a blue, evil Alfred standing there too...

America'sPOV~

I woke up, sitting straight up as I began crying. "Why? I'm supposed to be the hero! Why couldn't I save her?!" I yelled at myself as I began furiously petting the cat on my bed. Cold Cold Breeze, my evil counterpart, just broke my last clock. My last clock. Why?!

(a/n)

Hey guys, Vanilla here. You're probably wondering why I wrote this. Well, 1: I've been wanting to do this for a while and 2: I read a depressing fanfic, so I needed to rid myself of that depression. And yes, I do feel horrible for writing this. Don't kill me America fans, because I am one too. Plus, he just fit the story! BTW, you should listen to the song. Then'll you'll understand me.