Chapter 2

Clarissa Dovey's heart had shattered, leaving her with nothing but an empty vessel void of any emotions. Okay. Maybe that was an exaggeration, but the high she used to feel every after sex with Leonora was now gone into the wind, and she doubts she could ever have that again. Dovey hated this. She hated having feelings, no matter all the ohs and wonders it comes along with them. And what more is, the Good Dean hated letting herself be voluntarily hurt even with the multiple warnings in mind.

She tries to ignore her rapid and obscure thought process as she clasps her brassiere, the room smelling of fresh sex and sweat. Dovey faces the back wall, knowing Lesso was keenly watching her every movement. She used to love it— this, the events after. Dovey used to enjoy the calming of Lesso's breath and how relaxing everything seemed to be. Now she was just tense, overthinking and overanalyzing the little things, little it may be.

Clarissa hears Lesso clear her throat, appearing to want to catch her attention, and she turns around then. She regrets a second later.

"I shouldn't be asking this," Lesso spoke, all dressed in her black coat and freshened up. Though her hair still screams sex. Dovey had unintentionally ruffled it minutes ago. "Is everything alright, Princess?"

There was a hint of concern in the way Lesso asked it, but her face hadn't displayed the same emotion Dovey hoped was there.

She paces across the room, bending over to grab her pink slip, grateful it wasn't as destroyed as the last one. "More than alright!"

Lesso eyed her, noticing how Dovey's shoulder seemed to square and how her nostrils flared as she answered. But instead of pushing her to be honest, Lesso decided not to bring up the question again. If Clarissa didn't want to answer truthfully, she wasn't gonna start hysterically shaking and demanding her. Although it would be fun just for the sake of it. The Evil Dean stood up and reached for her cane, delighted to see it in one piece, still. Leonora was aware that Clarissa tend to disregard anything during sex. Her, too. But more on Clarissa.

"Is there someone else?"

Dovey froze in her spot, wearing only her pink slip. "Whatever do you mean?" And what in God's world was Lesso thinking? How did she even manage to get there?

Lesso cocks her head to the side. "You're tense. And you're only ever like that when you're guilty, afraid, or stressed— and stressed isn't it, that's for sure." She confidently said.

"I'm not tense."

"Don't worry, Clarissa." Lesso looks at her now, her eyes giving away nothing but complete ignorance and emptiness. Even with her small, cunning smile, Dovey knew Lesso did not care an ounce. "I'm not asking you to be faithful. We made a deal, did we not?"

Dovey scoffs, "We made a deal, but I am not with someone else." She wanted to tell Lesso that it was purely because she likes her, but even the thought alone was utterly terrifying. Leonora would most definitely not take the confession well. And so, Dovey settled for this,  "Besides, I don't think I'll like this with anyone other than you. It would be awkward."

"Repulsive."

The Good Dean smiles a little at that, relieved. "Yes."

Lesso examines her one more time, unfazed by the fact that she was staring so intensely at Clarissa, who was standing still in her place, butterflies flying and flapping wild in her stomach. She was gonna be fucking sick if Leonora stares a second more.

Fortunately for Clarissa, Leonora had looked away and nodded her head. She straightened up, "Well, no sense in figuring out what makes you all... this, then." She waves a hand at Clarissa to prove a point.