Chapter 12: The Farewell

Alexander. He really...came... He smiled sweetly, but painfully, moving closer and closer to her. Everyone froze. "Why, Katarina? Why didn't you just die? I don't want to kill you again. Katarina..." His eyes shed bloodshot tears. "Alexander..." Some memories flashed through me. Three-year-old me and Alex playing together. Alex finding a strange rock. Alex laughing crazily and possessed as he struck the rock over and over to my bloody head. He laughed sarcastically. "He said I need to kill you. Louise said I have to kill you, my beloved twin sister. He'll help me rule. He'll make me the most powerful king! I already killed Father. You're the only hurdle that I need to exterminate." I saw him look at Gian and Luc. He sneered as I blocked his sight protectively away from him. "Don't worry. I won't kill your useless son. He's not even a Petrova heir. Hmmm. But he still have your blood. Oh well. I guess I do have to kill him. Too bad for him to be your son."

"Alex, please stop this." I noticed his necklace. That strange rock again, this time he wore it as a pendant. I can still see a patch of my dried blood in it. "I'm not stopping you from being a king. I don't want to rule, Alex. You can keep our kingdom. It's yours. I don't want it." He looked at me assessingly. I took that extra time to bind a spell on the ground Stefan's mum told me when I was a kid. He noticed me moving, growling as he started to attack me. I managed to dodge him. "YOU LIAR! Louise is right! You're nothing but a hurdle!" The people panickly widened their space.

God. I have to kill him. I don't want to kill my brother. I have to keep Gian safe. "Equios!" A shadow horse came behind me. He created a barrier, only death can escape. One of us needs to die.

"Die!!! DIE!! WHY WON"T YOU DIE?! I want to be a king! I AM GOING TO BE A KING!!!" He started attacking me again. I fought back using my sword made from my blood. His blood is also my weakness.

I tried blocking his attacks. He grew fiercer and fiercer. I felt my skin sting from the wounds I got from him. Then it happened. He was going to stabbed me with his sword. It plunged right through my stomach as mine plunged into his heart, and through the strange rock, breaking it. We both landed with a thud. The barrier broke. I heard Luc sob frantically. "N-no... Katarina!" I looked at Alex. He was shocked and somehow, the possessed, crazy side of him broke with his strange rock. "N-No... K-Katarina... N-NO... I-I'm s-sorry... I-I'm s-sorry!" He coughed out blood, hugging me frantically closer to him. Our swords melted into blood, poisoning our body. "I-I...l-love y-you, K-Katarina... F-forgive m-me... I-I l-love...y-you..."

"I love you, too... Alex..." I hugged him back, coughing with blood, too. He put his forehead into mine. I can see his veins pop out of his skin due to poison. I can feel mine, too. I felt hands surround me. Removing me from Alex's hold. I felt Luca's lips on mine, frantically making me drink blood from him. "Drink, Katarina... Don't leave me again. No! Katarina!!" I touched his cheeks. "I-I...l-love...y-you..." He hugged me tighter, crying. "I love you, too. Please... Please don't leave me again... Gian needs you. I need you..."

"I-I...n-need...t-to g-go... L-Luca..." I weakly smiled at him. "W-wait...f-for m-me... I-I'll b-be...b-back... W-wait...f-for...m-me..." Then darkness went in, closing me from reality. Away from them. From my family.