The Man from Chateaulin

The radio crackled. "Red car, red car, are you there red car?"

Jerome reached to reply when his car door was smashed inwards. He leapt for the other door but fell short. His boot lace was caught! A large man reached in and viciously pulled him from the car.

*

Pierre Duboir sat at his desk mulling over various documents when Hank Metore burst in.

"Jerome has been captured!"

"Is there anyone else left?" Pierre enquired hopefully.

"Welllllllll," replied hank, "there is one."

"Good. Bring him in."

"But the thing is, he isn't a GAUL agent."

"We're in need."

"Very well sir. I'll bring in the man from Chateaulin."

*

Jean le Poisson was meandering down the street looking for a quality restaurant to sit down in. The sun shone brightly on his face so he pulled his straw hat further down. Eventually he found a small establishment that he had never seen before: The Squids Eye. He walked in and sat down. It was empty and Jean felt uneasy. Just as he got up to leave a man in a grey suit entered. Jean stumbled backwards into his seat

"Hello, Monsieur Le Poisson. You are needed by GAUL."

"What? Why should I work for them? They kicked me out," he retorted in anger and disgust. "And another thing ......"

Before he could continue he collapsed onto the table. The waiter stood behind him guiltily holding a tray. The straw hat floated to the ground, crushed beyond recovery.

The man in the suit shrugged.

*

Pierre sat with a small glass of wine for himself and one for Jean, if he ever woke up. He sat uncomfortably on the plastic chair situated on one side of the rectangular table in the interrogation room.

Jean came to with a splitting headache. He picked up the glass of wine and drunk it down in one gulp.

"Well you've got me here now, so what do you want?"

Pierre straitened his tweed jacket and tie before starting his reply. "Our agents have been disappearing. First was Samuel le Crabe, the Chateaulin agent, then Marc 'Le Requin' De La Court, Concarneau agent, Reu 'Le Crevette' Ribere the agent from Douarnenez and Jerome, Cast's agent." He took a sip of wine. "That's just scratching the surface. All of the Brittany agents have disappeared. You are our only hope."

Jean sat reflectively for a few minutes,drinking two more glasses of wine before saying anything. "Fine, I'll doit, but I want a barrel of Breizh cola and a crate of Breton biscuits."