Chapter 3

A/n:If there is any typos please comment where 

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧? "I asked her." I do not know how this happened, but I will have to tell the board about it. You have to go to class," "she said. "Ok," I said while walking to my first class of the day. I walked across campus away from the dorms and into the main building, walked to the third floor, and kept walking until I saw "Room 34." I walked silently into the room, sat down in the back , pulled out my laptop, and starts taking notes. The professor projects an image on the board (the image at the top). "One thing to generally know about cults is that you can't just join a cult; you have to be recruited," she said while writing it down on the board. "One of the ways they do this is use your vulnerabilities against you; for example, if you have a phobia, learning disorder, trauma, etc., they will use that to manipulate you. She said: Cultural leaders are typically malicious narcissists. They are looking for people who will be obedient to them. Let's get to the main question. .... What is a cult ? " She said while pacing up and down the room. I raised my hand. "Um, you in the back," she said while pointing at me resulting in the whole class turning around and looking at me." I cleared my throat. " A cult is a small group of people devoted to an idea, person or philosophy." "I answered." Correct, "she replied while turning off the projector." For homework, I want you to write a 1500-word essay about a famous cult, and it's due next Friday. See you all Wednesday," "she said, nodding at us all. I started packing up all my things and walking out of the building to meet up with Meredith.

" Hey Eve," I said as I approached her. " Hey Meri how was your first day of class? " "It was so dreadful I didn't understand anything the professor was saying, and we had to write a 1600-word essay about the Italian Renaissance." She complained while groaning. "Don't be distressed; I know you will come up with something," I said while comforting her at the same time. "I hope to do it, but enough about me. How was your first day in class? " "It was really fascinating. I really understood everything the professor said. "Oh, that's great... What class is that?" Meredith asked, "Political cults" (I don't know what to name the class; I think this is an actual study I read while doing research, but I'm too lazy to go back and find it): "That's a pretty debilitating class. I feel bad for you," Mercy said with a pitiful look. " Don't feel bad for me; I love the class better than the rest I have." "I told her to fix my bag next time." Oh! I forgot to ask you what happened when you went to make the report." She asked me with a curious look, "Somehow the footage was deleted, and the person at the front desk said they would get back to it." I answered her, "That's weird." She replied, "Anyway, I have a class to get to see you later, Eve," Meredith said while picking up her bag and waving goodbye to me as I walked away. "Bye, see you later," I said, waving back. I packed up my things and walked around campus.{Time Skip}It was now 4:34 pm, classes had ended a few hours ago, and I was in my dorm listening to Homage by Mild High Club when I suddenly heard a knock at the door.I got up and opened the door to see three boxes stacked up on top of each other. I got a pocket knife and opened one of the boxes. As soon as I saw what was in the box, my body instantly froze. It was a white rabbit mask that I saw last night with the phrase We're coming for you written on the forehead in red letters. Letters my face turned even more pale as I looked at the other boxes. I put the first box away, grabbed the two boxes, and hesitantly froze. 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 

𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫-𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮That was enough to send me off. I tried taking a deep breath and controlling my emotions. I grabbed my bag and got my keys, my pocket knife, and a half piece of chocolate because, why not? I put on a hoodie, locked the door, and walked down the stairs and out of the building. I walked the pathway with many students talking with their friends or eating. The breeze was cool, the leaves were rustling, and I walked over to a tree and sat under it, looking around. I knew being outside wasn't the greatest idea, but I didn't have anywhere else to go. They were watching me from everywhere, so I might as well be outside. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around; it was a girl with a chestnut complexion, a warm undertone, and curly locks. "Hello, I was wondering if you're ok? "She asked while sitting down next to me, "I'm not ok; I'm being stalked by crazy people who wear rabbit masks." I answered her with an honest expression. She tilted her head. . "That's an interesting situation to be in," "she replied. "I know they literally sent me three boxes, one of which had a rabbit mask with" We're coming for you" written on it." "I told her, "I think you should make a police report." She said." I should thank you, by the way. What's your name? "I asked her." My name is Harper; what's yours? "She asked me, Everett." Everett, I answered her back, "Nice to meet you." "She told me, "Nice to meet you too," I told her with a small smile." It's time for me to go back to my dorm. Can we meet up here tomorrow? " I told her, "Sure, bye, have a nice night." She replied and waved me goodbye "Great you too." I waved back at her and walked back to my dorm. Once I got back to my dorm, I unlocked the door and saw Meredith already sleeping. I took off my hoodie , bag, and shoes. I lay under my blankets and closed my eyes, wondering what was to come tomorrow.