Chapter 4

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲, 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭-𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬" – 𝐊𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

I woke up to my alarm going off. It was 6:00 a.m. It was a Saturday, which meant no classes, which also meant I could get some work done and hang out with Harper. I got ready and was about to put on my shoes when I heard Meredith's voice say, "Where are you going?" She asked me once I finished putting on my shoes." I turned around to  face her. "I'm going to meet my new friend, Harper," I answered her, to which she responded with a shocked expression. Her eyes widened as she began to speak. "Harp-Harper Gauntlett?" she asked me. I don't know her last name, but I think that's her name. Do you know her? "I said with a curious expression, "... Yes, I used to be close to her, but not anymore," she said with a dazed expression. "Well, maybe you should come with me," I offered. "No, um, I mean, I don't want to ruin that for you; I also have to help Ezra with something; please don't mention me to Harper," she told me while putting her purse on her shoulder and giving me a one-arm hug while walking out. "That's weird," I thought as I walked out the door when a notification pop up on my phone. It was a text message.

𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧:𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞

I clenched my jaw and texted back the number.

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭:𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 stalking me taking pictures of me while I'm out, sending 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 ass packages, and chasing me, but you need to stop that shit is 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐲

I texted back, turned off my phone, and went on my way to meet Harper. I walked out of the building. The clouds were gray, and they were in a billowy puff formation. I walked towards the tree where I last saw Harper. Once I saw the tree, I saw Harper sitting down at the tree. I smiled. "Hey Harper, I'm here," I told her as I sat down next to her. " It's nice to see you again. How's that bunny situation of yours going" she asked me as soon as she finishes her sentence I covered my mouth "They are always watching and listening" I whispered into her ear she nodded and I removed my hand from her mouth 'To be honest I don't know what to do or why they are following me but they won't stop and it's making me psychopathic "I told her with the tired expression" Are you sure you don't know who these people are they have to be they must be close to you "She asked I thought about it the only people I knew that could be behind this was ..... " Meredith, "I said out loud "Wait you know Meredith Helavia? " "Yeah she's my roommate she told me you both used to be close but not anymore why is that? I asked as I tilt my head "Everett that's not important right now Meredith is not who you think she is....she is hiding something I know it" she told me as she got up and put her hand out for me to grab "Where are we going? "I asked her " I need to show you something that might help you with your situation," she said with a serious expression. 

Harper led me back to her dorm which was neat and aesthetically pleasing to look at she went under her bed and pulled out 4 books she got up and handed them to me "There something I need to tell you" "What?" "..... I went through the same thing you went through I used to get boxes sent to me," she told me taking one of the books and opening it, and, showing me a picture of Meredith holding the same bunny mask that was sent to me "Wait-wait so you're telling me that you went through the same thing as I did, but you didn't tell me? " I asked her shocked "Yes I didn't tell you, but now you know those books in your hands are all the clues I had I was about to figure out what was going on, but Meredith saw I was on her tail so she cut me off "she explained while carrying  2 boxes on the desk "When this was happening someone was sending me letters telling me things that would help me find out what was happening I don't know who they were still to this day " I leaned over to see what was in the boxes"Oh my... rabbi,t, "I said cause inside the box was a picture of many people wearing rabbit mask with "Your time is coming to an end" written all over them "Did you call the police? " I asked her while looking through the photos "Yes, but they couldn't do anything about it they just closed the case," she told me "Now that we know it's Meredith- " "We don't know that for sure maybe they are targeting people who are around her," I said cutting her off "Well we can try to prove that Meredith is the one behind this al,l," she said with a smirk. 

We walked out of her dorm room and decided to take a walk "I can't believe this is happening bullshit like this only happens in horror movies" She said with a laugh" So where are you from?" I asked her, "I'm from Boston," and she answered, "Coo-." I was interrupted by a notification on my phone.

(We're going to pretend that in the last chapters, Meredith and Everett gave each other their numbers 😗) 

It was a text message from Meredith.

𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐡:𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐫𝐳𝐚'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝙼𝚎:𝙾𝚔 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚑𝚒 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

"Meredith is staying over at someone's house tonight, so do you want to come to my dorm?" I asked her, "Sure," to which she replied with a warm smile. 

We walked to my dorm, and we didn't even get into the dorm. "Holy shit," I said, as yet again another package was at my door. I opened my dorm door and kicked it inside, with Harper following me in.

I picked up the box with one of my shirts and put it on my bed. "I don't want to open it," I said while hitting my leg repeatedly. "If you won't I will," she said while kicking the cover off the box with her foot.

We both leaned forward and inside the box were a picture and two letters. I picked up the picture and put it in front of me and Harper. What the actual fuck?" we both said slowly before looking at each other. The picture was of me and Meredith this morning from an angle. I took the picture and put it up at the angle it was taken from, which was from a shelf with a plant pot and my small book bag. I pulled out a chair, stood up, knocked everything off except the plant pot because I'm not cleaning that, and found a small camera. "No fucking way..."

Word count:1219