Pilot

The End of the World by Skeeter Davis

"Don't they know it's the end of the world cause you don't love me anymore?"

I didn't want to go, I do love John but, I can't do this. He hurts me and I just gave birth to Nia, and I have to keep her safe. When he saw me pack he lashed out, "You think you're Fucking leaving me?! You fucking stupid bitch." He screamed at me and hit him as hard as I could with a newborn in my arm. He hit the wall of the hallway and I hurriedly grabbed my things then sprinted out. He stumbled towards me as I closed the driver's side door, he grabbed at the handle but I locked it. "Open the door." He said, and I put my key in the ignition.

 He began to pound on the window hard, Johnny was no small man so the car shook with every blow. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR FLORENCE." He said with a punch and the small crack of my car window cracking. "No, no,  no, come on you piece of shit!" I exclaimed hitting my fists on the steering wheel. I heard the sound of glass shattering and John dragged me out of the root of my hair out the window. Causing my torso to get cut up by the jagged broken glass, Nia cried loudly as he ripped me onto the ground. 

He straddled me and wrapped his hand around my throat, "I'll kill you before you get the chance to leave." John said before sinking a knife into my abdomen. I screamed out and shoved him as hard as I could. I grabbed the biggest thing beside me (Which was a wrench) and hit him over the head again and again and again. 

Still high on adrenaline I got in my car and went as fast as It could go. You see, I live in Seattle and someone I know lives in Forks. I cut a very long ride to about 30 minutes more or less. 

I walked to the backseat of my car and grabbed Nia's car seat. I kissed her forehead and walked to the front door of my younger sister's house.

 I kissed her forehead and walked to the front door of my younger sister's house

I banged on the door, my hand was a bit numb so it wasn't quite a fist. I stopped to listen for a sec, then banged it a lot harder.

"Wait you motherfucker, I'm coming! I'm coming you-"
My sister paused as she looked through the peephole, She ripped the door open and stared at me. "You're staring Rose," I said, "You idiot! Go to the hospital!" My sister whispered looking at the sleeping baby. "I know Roselind, but I need you to watch Nia," I said and she looked at Nia again. "Go, give me the baby." She said and I handed her the car seat. "You better come back, Florence," she said and I turned around and dragged my limp body to my car.

I floored it to the hospital and parked erratically. I took slow strides toward the door and my bloody hand opened the glass door the tired receptionist looked at me with horrified eyes. "Hey, can I-" my sentence was interrupted by my world spinning and my body hitting the floor. my whole world just went dark, I felt lighter than light but cold. So cold. I felt like everything was cold and numb. I felt like I had already died, I was dead.

--------------------------------------------------
But, the soft hum of the light woke me up. My body felt like fire was burning through my soul, It felt like I was on fire. I yelped as I ripped out the uv line, and swung my legs to the side of the stiff hospital. I walked to my bag, I guess someone got my stuff. I rummaged through my bag for some clothes, I picked some clothes and hurriedly dressed myself.

 I rummaged through my bag for some clothes, I picked some clothes and hurriedly dressed myself

I put on my shades and put my hair up. I wrote a little note for whoever was my doctor.

'Had to dash see ya Doc'

I walked out of the room and caught a small glimpse of the palest family I've ever seen talking hushed. I didn't want to be nosy so I walked past them, slowly rolling a coin through my fingers. But things never go right for me, a strong hand grabbed my shoulder, and out of reflex I punched the person in the face. The person fell to the floor, I looked down at the person, it was a very tanned muscular boy. "Sorry, it's a reflex," I said rubbing my temples and chuckling dryly. "It's fine," he replied as he got up.

 "As much as I would love to chat with a stranger I have to go before I get caught," I said cutting things short, as I walked out the door I saluted him. I saw my car and sprinted to my car, I need to go get Nia. I started my car and drove to my sister's house (again), but this time something weird was up.