Chapter two

Vivica by Jack off Jill

"She's Rotten but oh so Beautiful

"She's Rotten but oh so Beautiful."

It's been a few weeks since the letter my mother gave me, I've been trying my hardest to figure this out. But, it is oh so hard. This was just dumped on me and I cried because I didn't know what to do.

I'm not saying that I don't love my mother but, this? This is what she did down here?! Planning and hunting supernatural beings. Now I have to take that job, I don't even know how to start. She wrote that I would understand, but I don't.

I'm supposed to be with 7 vampires, that I don't know and I'm supposed to know when they're going to face. What if they don't even live here, what if sooner is years from now? What if they're bad ones, like the ones mom slaughtered like animals?

I don't want this, I should've known about this years before. Because I'm still just trying to get by and not get killed by my ex. And I don't have anyone to help with Nia.

No family, no friends. Johnny never allowed me to have friends or even talk to people, he always hit me and I let him do it because I thought I was in love. But that wasn't love, I was just his toy and punching bag.

Saying that... Admitting to that hurts because a few weeks isn't enough to get over that. You can't just get over it like track training, hopping over obstacles like nothing. I can't... I can't do that. I'm not strong enough and I'm not strong enough mentally to be a slayer.

I got ready to train for the day while Nia slept upstairs. I walked to the training room and grabbed one of the Royal XR dual-wield guns. I aimed it at one of the targets, I shot the target in the drawn-on head. The gun always flashed a neon blue color when I shot it, like the laser guns in movies. Yet, my life isn't a movie.

I trained and exercised for hours. Just because I kept hearing the voice of my mother saying "Be strong, be better than I was. Keep going." Over and over again. I just wished it would stop, I'm already going through enough. I wanted to slam my hands into my head until I got whiplash. I'm tired.

"Keep going." I can't, I'm sorry. "KEEP GOING" The loud voice of my mother boomed through my skull. Making me hold my head in pain from the ringing. No, you're dead You can't control me!

I stopped hitting the punching bag and walked up the stairs drenched in sweat. I grabbed a bottle of water and quickly gulped it down. I walked up to the second floor and Nia's room. She was still sleeping peacefully, which made me breathe lighter. I walked to my room to grab some clothes for a shower.

After grabbing the clothes, I then walked to the bathroom and took a brisk shower. I then got dressed.

 I then got dressed