Chapter 4

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror while my mom screamed in my ear. "Do you have any idea how humiliating it is to have Jackson's mother call me and ask me if I had organized the road trip, and me not even knowing what she's talking about?"

"Mom I'm sorry I forgot to tell you."

"You forgot to tell me you were leaving for two days?" She was only going to get angrier with whatever I said so I decided to go with the truth.

"I was going to text you from the car, but I got carried away."

"Text me from the car? Have you heard of a little thing called 'Calling for permission'?" How hypocritical of her. Everything I do is okay as long as I ask for her permission. What is the point of asking it if she is going to give it anyway? And what is the point of her acting like a mom right now when she obviously doesn't give a shit.

"Well?" She put me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." I lied, I wasn't at all. This was a really good road trip so far and I didn't want to let her ruin it for me.

"Why did you go there anyway? Was it Jackson's idea?" She wasn't screaming now, I guess she realized there was nothing she could do.

"No it was mine, I wanted to buy a new alarm o'clock."

She laughed and I got off the phone, I went back to our table were Maia had a disgustingly huge cap of some kind of caramel coffee, that had more weeping cream than actual drink and Jackson had a plain black coffee like his father always drunk it.

"We ordered you a cappuccino." Jackson pointed at the cup of cappuccino on my side of the table.

"Thanks" I said and started shipping on it.

"Is everything okay with your mom?" Maia sounded like she actually wanted to know, not like she was just saying it to be polite. But I didn't want to depress her with my problems either.

"Yeah everything's fine. What are you gonna tell your parents?"

"We are going to tell them that we were aware of Maia's presence from the start." Jackson filled me in, and it was a pretty good idea, but she was still going to get grounded and we all knew that.

We finished our drinks and got back in the car.

"So what's the plan?" Maia asked.

"Okay so I was thinking, we stay at the hotel you guys stayed at last time for tonight. It's only two hours away from here and one hour away from the shop we wanna go to. We could go there tomorrow." I told her and Jackson.

"What shop?" Of course Maia didn't know about the PWA.

"Tom wants to get a new alarm o'clock and I want a comic." Jackson said.

"Um, were coming all this way for you guys to buy things that are in stores just two blocks away from our house?

"It's not a regular alarm o'clock!"

"Oh, really? Does it grand whishes?" she faked excitement

"No but it shows digital time, and it allows you to have any sound you want for when you wake up." I struggled to explain for her my love for PWA.

"Wanna know what else does that?"

"What?"

"Your I-Phone."

"Oh, no. I won't be one of those people!" Those people: The people that thought their I-Phone was a gift grated from God to make all their dreams come true. It accepts calls, which is what I use it for. It downloads games and smart apps. This is also what I use it for. And then it has, a timer, a clock, a calendar, a flash light, a camera, a music library and all those stuff that there are other objects for. This created the human race I like to call, The Phone Addicts. The people whose only answer for everything is their I-Phone. Example: "Hey, wanna go the beach?" "No thanks, I'll just tan with the flashlight on my I-Phone.", "Hey, want me to give you a ride?" "No thanks, my I-Phone will turn into a skateboard and take me there."

I bet you know what people I'm talking about, The Selfie Generation. The people who think a picture of the doing a duck-face is interesting and get insulted if you don't log onto Facebook to like it. Those people live on a magical land named "Online" a land where everyone is posting pictures of their Starback's cups with filters on them. Now, call me a racist, but I hate that race!

Of course not all of them are disgustingly stupid. There is the slight exception of the fangirls, the fangirls log in to get their favorite artist/actor/ Who-ever-they-are-obsessed-with to notice them. Even though I might not understand how you can worship a person you don't even know just because they make good music, but at least they have a higher purpose than to just post a Selfie with their best friend and capture it "Hangin wid da bae #ThugLife <3" And don't even get me started on thug life! I'll just say this, if I were black and somebody called hanging with their best friend at their moms house "thug life" I'd punch them. It's not funny, it's insulting.

Jackson put the "That's what I call Music 2014" CD on the car's CD player.

"Get ready to get turned up!" He said and we both doubted him.

"Oh, I know what's fun!" Maia said as soon as the intro of the CD started playing. "We'll make a game out of it, whenever someone sings about sex, I'll get a point. When they sing about love or heart break, Tom get's a point and when they sing about dancing or being in a club Jackson gets a point. Are you in?" She said sounding excited for the first time since we got in the car, and we both were in.

"I'm in Maia, but I'm already know you're gonna win" I said, feeling absolutely confident that the majority of today's hits were going to be about sex.

And she did win, collecting points from songs like Anaconda -which we all rapped along to, Come and Get It- which sounded like it was more about an STD than sex, Bang-Bang and Drunk in Love - which Jackson apparently knew every word of perfectly well. There was something about Jackson, black singers and songs with love on the title.

I came a close second with songs about love and heartbreak, most of my points came from Taylor Swift who managed to sing about both emotions in one song and Ed Sheeran whose songs made everyone depressed. Jackson with the category "Up in the Club", lost to my surprise, he only got points from We Can't Stop- we gave him two points because Maia made us hear it twice. I guess people didn't wanna go to clubs anymore, they preferred to stay in and have sex.

A few miles down the road was an old man hitch-jacking. "Pick him up you jerks! Look how old he is!" Maia complained when we made a joke about passing him. We stopped in front of him because why not, I rolled my window way down.

"Where to, grandpa?" Jackson asked.