Chapter 15

I walk back to my hotel room and open the door to a pissed off Maia lying on the bed with her eyes on her I Phone's screen. She glances at me when I open the door with an 'oh great, you again' look and then looks back to her phone almost immediately.

"Maia, I know you're mad at me and really don't want to talk to me right now but this is really important so just listen." She didn't reply but she was listening. I took a deep breath.

"George is my grandfather."

"What?" She jumped off the bed.

"I know."

"What?" She repeated but not in the same way. This time she was smiling and walking towards me. "How is this possible?"

"Apparently, he's been keeping in touch with my mom since I was thirteen." I debated on telling her about his offer but then chose not to. When I decide whether or not I'm leaving with him, that's when I'll tell her. And Jackson.

"Wow." She breaths. She has taken it all in now. I thought of Grandpa George and his wife, and how much he missed her even though he was just gone for one day. And then of how much I was going to miss Maia if I actually left with him.

"And I also want to talk to you about something else."

"Save it." She sighed. "This is a bad idea."

"How do you know?"

"Because you're right. Love is stupid especially, at our age. We're just going to end up broken up or bored of each other." That was the first time Maia had admitted I was right about something but it didn't feel like I imagined it would.

"When did you become a realist?" I mocked her and she laughed.

"When did you become so annoying?" She fired back.

"I thought I was always annoying." I am now looking at her with a straight face and she returns the look.

"Yeah, well not half as much. We should probably go find Jackson." She said and I remembered I owed an apology to him. To both of them. Maia grabbed her phone from the bed and started walking to the door.

"Wait." I called out behind her. "I'm sorry." I said as she turned to look at me. "I don't know why I didn't tell you about Sidney but I really should have. And you didn't make a fool of yourself because I kissed you too."

"Well, I'm sorry too." She started. "I really didn't mean it when I said you were not my best friend, cause you are." She had stopped right in front of the door and I found my self walking to her.

"What if I don't wanna be?" I asked her and she processed it for a second before she understood what I meant.

"That's not really my problem." She tried to sass me off but it wasn't working because now I was right in front of her while she sat there with her back against the door. I leaned down to kiss her slightly and when I was about to pull away I felt her hand on my neck. She brought my lips back to hers and just like that we were kissing again. But it wasn't like our first one, at the first we were both kind of socked at our selves when in this one she was kissing me back so hard I could feel her glasses on my check bone.

"What if I wanna be your boyfriend?" I said as I pulled back.

"We'll see." She answered with a grin and I felt like my brain was going to explode. Girls are complicated, that's for sure, but I never thought I'd be having trouble figuring out Maia. I also never thought I'd find my self extremely attracted to her but what can you do, things change.

She turned and opened the door. I was smiling to because I knew that she was not a realist, and she did not think I was right about that love crap. And I knew that if I was looking at her face as opposed to her back right now I'd find her blushing. I also knew that I was in love with her and that if we were a couple we wouldn't be like my parents or her parents, not even like Grandpa George and his wife. We would be even better.

But this wasn't the right time to tell her this, not with such an important decision on stake. I would pout about it but I knew that I could not have it all. It would be either my dream job or her.

"I don't see him anywhere should I call him?" Maia stopped and looked at me, and for a minute there I just thought her