14

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ chapter fourteen⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Matt's pov

Ana and Chris. My little brother... dating. Oh god. I can't believe this. Actually, I did, I even bet on it but like... Chris? Wow. I really hope him and Ana do well and have a healthy relationship. Damn, imagine him getting married! No way.

My thoughts were interrupted when Juliet's phone rang. It was her mom. The look on her face said she wasn't expecting anything important.

Juliet picked up the call and went outside for privacy. She wasn't back till around 7-8mins. But even then she was walking to the bathroom really fast and kind of covered her face.

Was she... crying?

She sat back at the table after a couple more minutes. I knew something was off. she was struggling even to smile and she was shaking her leg. Anxiety.

I held her hand under the table thinking it would comfort her the least bit.

"Are you okay? Need something?" I whispered in her ear.

"I'm okay." She replied but I knew she wasn't.

"Hey guys, how about we go to the nightpark after dinner? I and Madi checked the place and it seems really fun." Nick suggested.

"You know, I'm really tired and I barely slept last night so I think I'm gonna head home. You guys go ahead."

"Um, actually I'm gonna go as well. If you don't mind of course." Juliet hesitated.

"Of course! It's totally okay." Ana said squeezing Juliet's hand, assuring her.

•◦ ◦•

Juliet's pov

"Matt?" I say on our walk home.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For getting me out of there."

"Oh, it's nothing. I uh I noticed you seemed upset so. Also, you can talk to me about anything. You know that right?"

"Yeah! I- I do." I say stuttering. There's a million things in my head I couldn't even speak.

-

We both went our ways. To bed. He wanted to give me privacy.

I really tried to sleep it off but I couldn't. Ryan that fucking bastard.

I went to the kitchen to get some water but I couldn't stop the tears. I felt like shit. My life was about to become shit.

I was leaning on the counter, face buried in my hands. When I heard Matt.

"Juliet?" He sounded concerned. He immediately came by my side and took me in his arms. I was really sobbing at that point. And still, I wasn't a tiny bit embarrassed. I find more comfort in him than I've ever found in anyone else. Yet, I'm about to call Ryan Wetzel my husband. I couldn't fathom thinking about that.

Matt led me to the couch. After I was calm, he asked. "Is everything okay?"

"No," I say, more tears forming in my eyes. "Nothing's fine Matt. I got a call. My mom said I'm getting married in weeks." I was really really trying to not start crying again.

"To that Ryan?" He was calm with me and tried to understand what I was saying.

"Yes. I don't want to Matt I don't know what to do. It is to either ruin my life or my dad's and I- I can't-"

"It's okay. It'll be fine I promise you." He says. I nod but there's no way it'll be fine.

Next thing I knew I was laying beside him on the couch. He was holding me. Comforting me. He was there for me when I needed someone. Not Ryan. Matthew. And then we fell asleep.

💌 tbh matt is the sweetest soul ever.