B-Day

Lauren

 "One time for the bday gurl! Two times for the bday gurl!"

Pulling my pillow from under my head I smother  to drown out the sound.

"Three times for the bday gurl! FUCK IT UP FOR YOUR BDAY GURL! Wakey wakey!!"

Yes it's my birthday but so what just another day. Now that I'm out of school I've been focused on finding a career. I got my degree in business and photography since I have a plan to stick with no time to be wasted.

"Maya please!"

"None of that today it's your birthday no job no school I'm about to spoil you rotten and I have the biggest bestest surprise ever later tonight." She yanks my comforter off me and the bed. "First things first get you clean wear something cute and simple we got a big day ahead I know you like being super planned out so that's what I did we on a time crunch to keep everything together."

"Maya thank you for wanting to make this day special but-"

"The plan I know I know. Don't you ever step out of line even a little?"

"No but-"

"AH! It's your day we are gonna celebrate you! Get up shower and match the vibes you come out this room in anything other than a cute little set we gonna have problems...I'm timing you to bitch let's go."

I'm left alone like I had originally planned. Plans schedules mapping out it's what I do it keeps me calm makes things feel better knowing the outcome clears the anxiety of the unknown. I wasn't always like this now it's maybe guilt? My mom was the same she was tight when it came to a schedule time limits all of it. She made weekly planners for me from the moment I started walking everything from what I would do, wear, eat, where I'd go to school all years.

I had just started middle school that morning she hands me a binder for my entire middle school years from classes to extra curricular. Without her knowing I switched a few which lead to me not coming home when I was suppose to. She left to pick me up from school but never made it. My dad ended up coming and told me...she was hit by a truck. I felt so guilty and blamed myself from that moment I kept to what she wanted from me to in someway feel like I could make up for betraying her.

I've never told anyone why I do things how I do. No one has ever been around long enough or earned that amount of trust from me. Never really had friends outside of the ones I made later in college since my main focus was school and school only. No boyfriends either. There are times I want to try stepping out of line but I get scared. My dad is all I have left what if something happens to him. Call me superstitions.

My shower and dressing was quick I came out my room finding Maya sitting at my dinner table.

"Yay come come. This is going to be your best birthday ever but first fit check for the gram." Ms influencer always working. "Me first."