[22]

The police spent weeks trying to figure out who had leaked the photo and sent it to me. My mind was racing with thoughts, thinking if it was anyone I knew. My heart raced, waiting for answers to see whom it was that had harassed me.

It's pointless. I highly doubt the police will find anything from a picture

They know about my whole situation with Bill. Him finding out, his reaction towards me and causing us to break up.

A part of me still hadn't gotten over him. I've known him and his twin brother for years! It's been two months since the breakup but I still found myself scrolling through my phone, looking back at our memories together.

My chest stung with hurt, reflecting back on the times me and Bill's memories were filled with jokes and laughter; not hatred and resentment.

I shut my phone off, knowing that nothing I ever do will cause me and Bill's relationship will rekindle once again.

While my parents were at work, I heard a knock at the door. I perked up in bed, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

My heart thudded against my chest, and it had dawned on me I was home alone.

Who could that be?

I furrow a brow out of curiosity, and began to creep out of bed and walk down the stairs.

I waited at the bottom of the steps, listening intently to hear another knock. Nothing.

With my curiosity growing by the second, I walk over towards the front door and open it slowly, expecting to see someone on the other side.

Nobody.

I open it wider as a confused expression is written all over my face. I step out into the cool air as my eyes dart all around the area, not seeing anybody in sight.

Hm, weird

I look down and that's when I see a note. It was in a white envelope, addressed to me.

I swallow nervously, feeling my heartbeat race against my chest once again. I slowly bent down to pick it up, hesitating to open it up.

Maybe whoever dropped it off is still watching me from a distance

I close the front door and sit down on one of the chairs at the kitchen.

I exhale a sharp breath, curious about what it could say, and who it could be from.

I slowly open up the envelope, my heartbeat quickening by the second, scared if there was another picture or even a blackmail letter.

Once the white sheet of paper was pulled out of the envelope, I slowly took a breath in and unfolded it, almost instantly recognizing the handwriting.

I'm so sorry for doing this to you, Leah. We've been best friends since we were in middle school and up until recently, I've treated you like used up garbage. It was to cover my own tracks in the murder, and I know you would've gone to jail for the longest time if they had charged you with to aggravated assault. I'm really sorry about this, Leah. I hope you can forgive me. A couple months ago, I was the one who sent you the photo. The one with Tom and you kissing. I've been a horrible friend, I realize that now. I've come to my senses. I've already turned myself into the police by the time you're reading this. I hope we can see each other again. I love you, Leah. I hope we can push this past us and move on for the better. Since I'm too young to be tried as an adult for the murder, they're sending me to juvie. I'm guilty. I know what kind of messed up and horrible kids go there, and I'm sure I'll turn out just as worse as they are.