Chapter 8: Family time.

Twist and turns. also this is a character development chapter and heavily references undertale at one part. you'll see.

Reader is going to start leaning more into male but will still use they/them pronouns.

Opening the door back too our house, I just wanted to go to bed. Shen on the other hand wanted to watch TV.

"So, mind explaining to me what happened back there?" 

"I already told you, I stopped a troll from breaking into a school- Sorry, we." I responded truthfully. Though, he didn't seem to believe me too much.

"Well whatever. Hey listen. Julls is coming by tonight and we were going to play a board game." He announced.

Rolling my eyes I just walked over to the kitchen to get a snack.

"And your joining in too mister Y/N."

I halted in my tracks and turned to look at him. "And why would I do that?"

Shen just looked at me and responded, "Because I said so. Besides, am I that bad company?"

I feel like that's going to come back to bite him.

"I mean, I don't really mind as long as you two don't make out every two seconds." I said sarcastically. He just scoffed and turned to the closet to get the game.

"Go change out of your school uniform. I'll get the game set up." 

"Yup." Turning to go upstairs, the doorbell rang.

"Julls." Me and Shen said at the same time. I made my way back up the stairs to be met with a dark hallway.

I opened the door to my bedroom to be greeted with the everyday sight. A desk at the corner of my room. The bed at the window, the dust bunny sitting under it. The usual.

Walking over to the closet next to my desk, I open it and take out my usual hoodie. Put on my other gloves and look over to my desk. I remember the photo Frida gave all of us after that Vittra thing. Honestly, never expected something like that to happen to me.

But either way, things are starting to change for the better. And it shows.

I go over and flop on my bed just thinking about stuff.

I wonder if I'll ever find that book.

Maybe sometime later. That librarian definitely knows something about that though. I'll read up on it later.

Looking out my window I see the night time sky with all it's stars. Along with Trollberg, I'm still a bit surprised at how Shen was able to get a house this close to the wall. Definitely a bonus on not living in the city with all the annoying lights. I think he knew that too.

I just don't get why we moved though. I know it wasn't out of paranoia though.

"Y/N! Boards set up." Shen called out, snapping me out of my thoughts. I get up to go out of my bedroom when suddenly, I see a shooting star outside of my window.

"Twinkle, Twinkle little star. Oh, I wonder what you are?" I repeated my favorite lyrics to the song. I turn around to walk out of my room and go downstairs.

Once I make it to the living room, I see Julls and Shen talking to each other.

"Hey kids."

They both turn to look to where the voice came from. Once they figured out it was me, they both smiled.

"Hi Y/N." Julls greeted. (To pronounce her nickname, just take Jullia and take out the ia and put a S in there.)

"Hi julls" I greeted back. "When is the pizza getting here?" I asked nobody in particular.