06/12/2014

As I cycle down the road I hear my phone. When I look at my screen I see it is my mum. Why would my mum call me around this time? She knew I would be there within five minutes. Still two streets and I was home. With a slight confuse I answered the phone.

"Mum?"

"Yes, uhm, Beth. Don't come home for now, okay? It's, it's chaos here.."

What was going on? Why wasn't I allowed to go home?

"Mum, U okay?"

"Yes Beth, I am, now please listen to me and go to Oliver or something."

"Ok, call me whenever?"

She hang the phone and for a moment I was staring at the road. This was totally not how my mum is. Why couldn't I just go home? I really wanted to check out if everything was alright, my mum sounded namely a bit stressy and panicked. I didn't know whether I should go check out how my mum is or just go to Olivers as she said. I was already in his street. I sighed. Was everything going to be okay?

Back then I never knew that would end up as the worst day of my life. At some points in life you wish people would have warned you for what was coming. As a child you had no worries and thought growing up was fun. The thing is that my parents knew it wasn't, they were so scared for me to grow up in this world. Now I understand what they mean. And I'm still wondering why everything went like this.