"Feelings are hard" (Ghost 'Simon')

Simon Riley was always a asshole to you, if you were to somehow manage to save the world he still probably wouldn't even give you a pat on the back. That's what pissed you off, well that and his giant ego. You've never done anything to get him mad at you, I mean you literally are sweetheart to him but he just hates you. You've tried everything, bribing, saving his life from a enemy, praising him and sadly even flirting, which seemed to make him act all weird.

"Why do you hate me?" You ask Simon as you two walk back to base, armed and tired from a mission. "I don't" he responds quickly, his gruff and deep voice seeming to be deeper than usual and his accent standing out. You scoff at him and roll your eyes "Oh come on Simon, everyone at base knows! Plus you make it very obvious" that caused Simon to let out a chuckle and grab you by the sleeve, dragging you to a thick tree and holding you against it by both sleeves now.

"Y/n I don't hate you" He snaps at you, his voice deeper than before "Sure whatever" You respond in a sarcastic voice, breaking free from his intense grip. As you walk away you hear Simon let out a frustrated sigh and follow after you. When your pace picked up so did his, it was obvious he was trying to catch up with you, so in response you turn around to yell at him but instead you were met with a pair of rough hands and a pair of lips. Simon's lips and hands.

Simon pull away slowly and you look up at his half unmasked face in shock, "See? Y/n I don't hate you, I could never hate you. You make me feel a feeling i've never felt before and it confuses me, alot. Feelings are hard. So instead of trying to figure it out I just avoided you, or tried too but now, now I know what it was. I love you Y/n, so much".

What.

The words Simon said to you take a minute for
you to fully process. Simon didn't hate you, he loved you, all of you and you loved him, all of him. He's damaged but so are you, he's messed up but so are you.

"Your right, feelings are hard. I love you too Simon"