Chapter 2: Percy

After packing as fast as possible, Me and Annabeth went with Rachel into her private plane and landed in New York within eight hours. Rachel placed a huge bag in the middle of the plane and told the staff to divide the money equally and got off the plane. She took us to a hotel, which was where she was volunteering. She led me to my room, which is right next to Annabeth's.

"Get some sleep, since tomorrow is gonna be tiring."

Me and Annabeth nodded and went to bed early. I made sure Leo's gift was secure before I slept, though. The last time I used it, the dummy looked unusable. Hopefully, mortals were tougher than they looked. I went to bed and dreamed of alicorns flying into the sky, with me and Annabeth riding two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I took a quick shower, put on some clothes, and went out to grab breakfast. I entered the hotel's breakfast hall to see around a hundred kids cramming around the breakfast bar. Rachel and Annabeth were already here, and so was Natalie Freeman. Rachel had shown me and Annabeth a photo of her, so I knew what she looked like. She was kinda pudgy and had a great smile on her. But I saw something behind that smile of hers. A secret was hidden beneath that face of hers. And a Great Prophecy relied on this secret. I grabbed some orange juice in a blue cup, grabbed myself a big breakfast, and then went over to sit next to Annabeth. But on the way, a girl the same age as me got in the way. She was pretty, and it looked like she was hitting on me.

"Hey, handsome. First time seeing you here. What's your name? Mine's Kelly."

"Sorry, but I'm taken by a different girl", I replied, "So sorry but could you please move?"

Kelly crossed her arms and headed over to some girls that were giggling at me until they heard I had a girlfriend. I plopped next to Annabeth, who looked at me as if I was late. Then, she gestured at me and introduced me to Natalie.

"This guy here is Percy Jackson. He claims to have seen an alicorn who begged him to help her friend. I'm guessing that this friend of the alicorn is Sophie. Natalie looked shocked. Then her body flopped.

"Ugh, fine, you guys win. Yes, Sophie is friends with a sparkly alicorn and she did tell them to look out for someone. I won't say who. Anyways, I'll be with Miss Dare, so come to her after breakfast. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to make a call."

Then she left immediately. I looked over at Rachel and Annabeth. "Guess we're doing this?"

"Yeah," Rachel replied, "so eat fast. We don't want to take long this time, right?"

I nodded. Then I inhaled my waffles that were drowning in syrup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around an hour later, I entered Rachel's room to see Natalie holding what looked like a crystal. Annabeth was here with everything packed. She was holding a small silver pen, Leo's gift to her. I fingered my gift, a pen the color of the sea. Natalie grinned with a sad smile and then held the crystal into the light. A path of light was suddenly made and Natalie gestured to me and Annabeth into it. I reached for my Wise Girl's hand, and then we both jumped into the path of light, where the future of the world laid ahead.