Chapter 3: Sophie

When Keefe, that idiot, disappeared, I was in a state of shock for two days before I decided to look for him. The Councilors allowed me to go into the human cities, where I was to always travel with someone. The Councilors explained that with Keefe having a new and unseen power, he was much too dangerous to be left alone. So I began searching for him. I looked and looked, but couldn't find a trace for a month. That's when Grady burst into my room one night and told me that Keefe was in trouble. Before that idiot left my room after leaving his note, Grady ran into him. Then Grady gave him an imparter to keep in contact with him which is highly unusual for Dad. Anyways, I couldn't believe it when the Council told me that after doing some intense investigation, an error in Silveny's secret tracker, which was detected some weeks ago, was indeed a brief teleport of Silveny going out of Havenfield and coming back within 15 minutes. This was horrible news since no one could tell where Silveny had gone. But the worst part was that Silveny had come in contact with a human. To be precise, the "Horse Lord '' and "Son of Horse God". She then showed me an image of a teenage boy around 18 to 20 years old holding what seemed to be a bronze sword. The boy had sea-green eyes and was wearing an orange shirt with the words '-blood' on it. Well, to be fair, I didn't see the full shirt logo. But blood didn't seem like a friendly word. That's when I got a call from my Imparter. And it was from Amy.

"Sophie? Can you hear me alright?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, I can. Is everything o-"

"No time to explain, but I've got to use that emergency crystal to get to you. Are you at Havenfield right now?"

"Yeah, but the Collective and everybody were about to meet up to talk about Keefe. Also, you look pale, everything alright?"

"Kind of. I'm not having an emergency, but some others are... It's better if I come over."

"Can't you do this later, the Council keeps an eye on that crystal! And besides, Fitz and everybody else are coming over today and they sounded upset. So I need you to come at a different time and-"

"Sophie, everybody is here. Where are you?", yelled Edaline.

"Sorry sis, but I need to get to you. Besides, the Council should know what's about to happen, since it changes everything", said Amy.

And with that, the call ended. Sophie sighed and went downstairs.

20 minutes later

"Stina, I never said that I am the leader. I just sometimes end up making decisions and leading meetings!" Sophie proclaimed.

"Yeah? Well, I don't like it. Like, seriously, you're dragging everybody here into a war, you know."

Sophie sighed. She had never imagined that her best friends would be against her decision to burn the Neverseen hideout. But Glimmer had a point: there was too much defending, too little attacking.

Then, there was a blinding flash, and then there were four people standing in the middle of the meeting circle. And amongst the four, there stood Amy.