chapter 3

The 118 had an interesting call. A bouncy castle had flown of a cliff with kids inside. Sam headed to the bottom of the cliff and set up her supplies for when the kids had reached the bottom.
Hen and buck were getting ready to go down while Chim was setting up the wrench and Bobby went to get the dad.
In no time they were all safe with only a few injuries.

Sam sat on the sofa trying to read and buck and hen argued over the driving simulator.
"Here! Turn left"hen yelled
"I am trying" he answered
"Your fleeing the scene"
" Dose he relies he losses points for murdering people" Sam teased
" It should be fine it's a flesh wound . Obamacare" buck added
" What?" she said before wrestling for the controller.
"HEN . NO . HELP. CALL HR" buck shouted before falling to the ground causing Sam to launch as she watched him complain likes child.
" Chim your up". Hen says as he walks past ignoring her.
" Hey Chim you ok?" Sam asked as the group flowed him to the kitchen.
"Is there something you want to talk about" buck questioned.
"I am a good looking guy like you could do worse"Chim asked
"I have done worse" Sam answered
"A lot worse" hen added
"Buck" booby said handing his a stack of plates for him to place on the table.
" You think I would be a good father?" Chim added.
"Of course"
"What going on?" Sam asked as she began to worry.
"I asked Tatiana to marry me" Chim finally added
"Are you serious" buck questioned
"What happened " he added
"I didn't even know about and the we need to break up and then she said she didn't know" Chim explained
"Did you offer an open marry" he said as Sam stared at him in disbelief.
"Chim I am sorry but it's not a no"
"Probably for the beat " Bobby muttered
"What was that?"
"Nothing I am sorry i didn't mean anything"
"Of course it meant something there's a lot of meanings behind that you don't like her?" Chim questioned
"I never said that I just don't like her for you" Bobby explained
"What does that even mean come out with it wise man just say it which you want to say because I'm getting real tired of you stand in the just a silently judging me with that right there that's smirk you always so quick to"
"Chim"
"To comment on everyone's life but you completely shut down we ask about yours how long have we work together I haven't even met your wife or your kids because all you do is sit there brooding staring at that little book of yours "Chim ranted.
" Your up set let's drop it" Bobby said trying to walk away.
"Just say it" Chim yelled
"Your living a lie man" Bobby snapped back " you let her manipulate you into pretending to be someone you're not with her making up stories to satisfy some hero fetish"
"Maybe I wouldn't have to make up stories if everyone wants to know how you let me take point "
"That's not the point here chimney she's in love with the fantasy"
"I feel really bad for your wife having to be married to you" Sam watched as Bobby stood there not sure what to say.
"Chim"
"I am getting so air"

the house way quiet since Chim left no one knew what to say or do. Ever since he left Bobby had been strange and wouldn't talk to anyone. that was till bobby got a call " hello...who is this?.. ok " bobby quickly hung up the phone "ok gear up lets go" he shouted
"for what's there's no bell?" buck questioned " its chimmly come on everyone hassle" the team instantly jumped into action. fearful for what may have happened to there friend.

once then 118 had arrived bobby went of to talk to the they other caption on site. "thank you for calling me" bobby started "wouldn't let anyone touch him you might want to prepare your self"
" hang back " bobby told the group. everyone began to panic slightly as they wondered what could have happened. why couldn't they approach? How bad was her hurt? could he be dead? Sam felt her heart rate increase as she began to panic. People were talking but she couldn't hear them she tried to focus on her caption looking for any signs of what may have happened.

" he is alert , talking no pain but cant move" bobby said as he briefed the group on there friends statues. while in the car crash the impact forced a piece of rebar through chims skull cussing who knows what kind of damage. they didn't what could happen. He was stable now but what if they moved him he could die the thought brought a year to Sam eye as she once again filled with panic
"he's got a piece of rebar through his skull how is that even possible " buck questioned " Adeline ?" Sam proposed " brain tissue has no homeport it cant feel pain" hen explained
" shit " Sam muttered under her breath as she looked at her friend who seamed to be in worse shape then she could ever had imagined.

"heart rate is good" Sam said as She checked him over
" how is the pain?" Bobby questioned with a worry in his voice.
"Not much I don't think there's any spinal damage I can fill my legs I just can't move my head" Chim explained
" Ok don't move"Bobby added
"What going one?why aren't you cutting me out?" Chim was now starting to panic a little
"It complected" Sam added
"Why?"
"You've been injured". Bobby said with a somber tone.
"How bad?"
"It's not great" buck said trying not to panic the man.
"I wasn't to see it" Bobby takes like his phone and begins to video the damage that had been done. He turned the phone around to show Chim. " I can't feel anything" he said as his face filled with shock.
"I know we're working on getting you out just hang tight" Bobby said
The team decided it would be best to take the car to the hospital and to cut the rebar there in case there was any hemorrhaging thankfully they remove him from the car and place him on the gurney with no problems.
" We will take it from her" the nurse said taking the gurney for buck.
"No we're not leaving him" buck said with a despite look
"Our job ends at the door like always" Bobby said before walking back to the truck. Sam looked at buck with a sympathetic smile she knew how painful it was taught your friend going in not knowing whether he would come out. She normally found it easy to leav the job at the door but watching someone she cared about being welled away hurt her in a way she could not describe.

"He had a piece of rebar through his skull?"Eddie questions in a shock tone
"Yep couldn't feel a thing" Sam added
"Poor guy"
"Yeah he's in surgery at the minute"
"He got family"
"A girlfriend's bobby's already called her to to tell her what happened but she said she doesn't know if she'll go see him"
"That's shit " Eddie sadi in a disproving tone "I hope he is ok"
"Me to" she said as he tried to hide her fear that was now starting to take over her.

"It's been 14 hours how long will this take"buck said passing around
"Have you ever heard of the saying it's not brain surgery" hen said taking a break from here cross word
" Well this is" Sam said with looking up from her book
"Just got off the phone with the surgeon " Bobby said coming up the stairs
"He alive" Sam asked the question on every ones mind
"He alive" they all let go of a site of relief. It felt like the fear that had been looming over the group was slowing disappearing and was being replaced with hope.
" He still has both his eyes"
"Yeah"Bobby said letting out small laugh at hens comment.
"Any brain damage "
"There were Complications when they took out the bar hemorrhaged they got the bleed under control and he's in the medically and he's coma" Bobby said as a small brief moment of reliefs had ended and was once again replaced with fear.

"You got 2 minutes and then I'm kicking you out"the nurse satellite them in the room. Bobby Walked over while pulling a chair to the side of him whilst buck went to sit around the other side hen and Sam sat at the foot of the bed looking down at him looking and analyzing any small changes.Bobby took his hand to let him know that they were there.
"Chim we are all here buddy"chim squeezed bobby's hand
"Hey I think when you're back at work you can do the maneuver."Sam looked at him with a puzzling glance "to motivate him"buck explained
"He can't do the maneuver" hen added
"Yeah he can't hey chim you can do them maneuver right ?" Sam questioned getting a thumbs up in response. She laughed as relief washed over. At this moment she felt that it didn't matter what was to happen because Chim was still Chim.
"I try to get hold of your parents but there's a 16 hour time difference maybe that has something to do with it"explained hen. Bobby took chim's hand again just for him to squeeze back
"I think his family he already" Bobby said as a kind smell spread across all their faces. He was right they were family as much as they all try to hide it they had all grown to love each other