Part 10

It's been about two months since Scott and I finished production on my beats. Since I had already had a few songs completely written, Scott told me to take my time writing the rest of them. To really dig my feet into the music and let the lyrics write themselves.

I spent weeks with my headphones glued to my ears and a notebook in my pocket. Hell, the three of us even did mushrooms again "to get the creative juices flowing" as Ari put it. Which was not the case at all, I spent 4 hours laying in the grass in the back yard while the two of them tried to recreate what they think a dinosaur might have sounded like on the studio equipment. 

But, I got there eventually and had lyrics to all 12 songs for my album. With only two months left to record everything, time was of the essence. Scott actually set up his guest room to accommodate me on the long nights in the studio. I rapped and rapped some more until my lungs felt like they were going to collapse. And on days when we would be recording the songs with some screaming parts, Ari always had green tea with honey on stand by. These two were truly my biggest cheerleaders, and they've worked just as hard as Ive been on getting this album prepared. 

There was one song on my list that Ive been putting off until the last minute. Not that I was embarrassed by it, because I knew it was good, but it was something that I had never done before. I poured my heart into an entirely erotic and sexual masterpiece. It speaks about my desires and the dark side of my love language, and maybe, just maybe, hints to a certain interaction that I haven't been able to rinse from my brain for months.

I don't want to admit it, because things have been so good between us. But I can't help but feel a little stir in my stomach every time he walks into a room. Part of my brain rationalizes it, saying that I'm only feeling this way because of what happened between us and that I'm attached to the feeling of someone truly wanting me, rather than somebody using me for their own sick game and threatening me into submission.

I feel… safe, when Ari's around. Safe, in more than a protective brother kind of way. He always seems to have my best intentions in mind with everything he does. So part of me hopes that he won't catch on to anything while I'm recording tomorrow, but the devil on my shoulder is telling me about all of the bad stuff that he could make feel so good.

—-------

"What do you want on your hot dog, peanut?" Ari shouted to me from the back porch.

"Just ketchup, but could I get a hot dog that's a little burnt please?" I shouted back from my spot in the lawn. 

"That's my girl!" my dad piped in. Ari just shook his head at the two of us. 

The boys and I invited all of our families over to Scotts house for a cookout. Partly to celebrate all of our collective achievements but also as a little reunion. Ari's parents actually helped my dad out quite a bit when we first got to New Orleans, so we were all very close. Unknown to me and Ari, his dad and mine actually stayed in contact while Ari and I had our unfortunate hiatus. Although, it definitely warms my heart knowing they're such good friends and my dad had a friend when he needed it the most. 

"John, I still don't know how you managed to make an exact replica of yourself but female. " Pavlos chuckled, sitting down in a lawn chair between my dad and Kellie, his wife.

"I don't know either, but it's my greatest accomplishment." He smiled warmly. 

"So Ivy, Aristos and Scott have been telling us about your music career. How are things going with your album?" Kellie asked me. She has always been so genuine with me. She showed the care for me that my heart ached so badly for when I was dealing with not having my own mother around during such a pivotal time in a young girls life. She's truly like a mother I never had.