1

"Dinah if you don't get your ass out here you'll be out of a damn job!!" A booming voice echoed, summoning a tall girl with dirty blonde hair.

"Hoi calm down, calm down. I'm coming." The girl shot back mumbling something under her breath, while rolling her eyes in annoyance. "That phrase is tired Jax. After awhile it's just not scary anymore." She added, grabbing a rag off the bar next to her and flinging it over her shoulder.

The girl walked towards a dirty table, proceeding to end her night the way she always did... In this bar, cleaning up after those who had their life together. Those who had the time to party and live life. People unlike her.

While cleaning the remnants of alcohol off one of many tables, she let her eyes wander over the now nearly empty room. A few hours prior, you would have never known such a quiet vibe was even possible in this place.

Despite the countless number of bars in LA, Lounge was by far one of the most popular not to mention most successful. Jax, Dinah's cousin and the founder of the club made a wise business decision in the early stages of production by making it not only a nightclub but a coffeehouse by day which brought in twice the venue for the price of one.

It carried a unique dynamic that many other clubs lacked. Unlike most the overall objective was not to make money but to create hospitable environment for people of all backgrounds to come together, dance, drink, play music then come in the next morning for coffee.

Halfassedly Dinah continued washing tables, one by one, stain by stain. The process had become so monotonous she practically did it while sleeping. In attempt to stay awake the Polynesian put in her headphones and continued to work at a faster pace now matching the beat of her music.

-

(Lauren)

"Excuse me miss." One of the bartenders said softly, tapping on the shoulder of a girl who seemed to be sleeping. "Miss." He said again tapping her more forcibly.

"Fuck." The girl hissed sitting up quickly. "I'm so sorry." She said apologetically, shaking her head in an attempt to clear her blurry vision.

The bartender laughed lightly as he watched the dark haired girl try to regain full consciousness.

"How long have I... What time is it?"

"Well I'm not sure how long you've been here but it's 3am. I only woke you because we are closing in an hour and I figured it'd probably take you that long to even realize where you were." He said, ending with a slight laugh.

But she didn't seem to find it funny, as her eyes shot open wide.

"Oh no oh no." The girl said bringing her hands to her temples, rubbing softly in attempt to soothe her now raging headache. "I am SO fucked."

"Let me guess... Big presentation tomorrow? Family coming to visit? Boyfriend you forgot to inform?" With the last sentence he added with a slight grin. The younger girl was very attractive but being the man he was he'd never try to pull something on a woman in this situation but there was no harm in checking the playing field.

She brought her forehead down to the wood bar table as she groaned. "The second one."

She groaned again. She knew if her family came over and saw her hungover they'd let her have it. Ever since she could remember her mom and dad were always on her ass about something. Both being cuban hot heads, there was never a silent moment in her household. It was always something with them.

"Mija when are you going to get your shit together? I didn't go through 13 hours of labor to have a deadbeat daughter."

"Mija why are you dressed like that? I didn't give up my job to stay at home and raise some kind of floozy."