Killer

The next day was another adventure. They were invited to a cake tasting for Wolf's wedding. They ended up going with chocolate fudge and vanilla buttercream. They also got to see Wolf and Dahlia try on dresses. Wolf didn't seem like the kind of person who would rock a dress,  because she usually didn't, but when she did, she looked stunning. The feathered A-line dress in blue-diamond white resembled wolf fur.  And with the delicate silver tiara and sheer veil, she looked ethereal, like a wolf-princess. Dahlia's dress was equally as stunning in silvery white. It was a sleek, sleeveless dress with a sweetheart neckline which frayed out like a mermaid's tail. Her veil was identical to Wolf's with a matching tiara as well. However, they both went through great pains not to see the other's dress. 

Next, it was time for the best friends of the brides to don their bridal apparel. That included Uncle Ben, Dave, Asher, Kipo, and her entire family. The women and girls wore pastel-blue silk, A-line gowns with off the shoulder, straight necklines and wide, long skirts. The shoes were any style in silver. The men and boys wore deep blue suits with matching hats (optional) bow-ties and black shoes. 

Of course there was no strict gender code enforced, however, and people mixed and matched the both styles if they pleased. That included Asher, Dahlia's non-binary twin. They wore a deep blue suit with a bedazzled bow-tie and high-heeled silver boots, choosing to keep their top-hat. Kipo chose a top-hat as well, and kept her dress, with a dark blue jacket and bow-tie. She also opted for dark, high-heeled boots instead of silver slippers. If the two stood close enough together, Jamack thought they definitely would look like a couple. But today, Asher had brought a surprising guest with him. It was Doag. 

'Asher and Doag?' thought Jamack, perplexed. 'They're so different from each other, I wouldn't even imagine it.' However, thinking further into it, he realized that perhaps their personalities complimented one another. One loud and agile and the other quiet and mysterious. Although, he supposed that this reality made him think further into a lot of things. 'Me and Kipo?' he thought. 'Well, we do compliment each other, that's for sure. Maybe a little bit too much. Actually, perhaps we're more like apples and oranges. I wonder what she sees in me...other than my tongue.'  

Then it came to him, but he wished it didn't, because the very thought forced him to question things the way they were. And he wasn't about to have an existential crisis here. 'She always gives me hope...with her silly dreams...big dreams that seem so far fetched but then she makes them come true, just like she did with PRHAM. She made me believe in her. She really is amazing' he thought. 'And I...I ground her, as best as I could anyway. I'm realistic and stable. I stay with my people. She forced me to venture off when she got me kicked out of my gang. Then I convinced her to plant her feet right here with me and raise a family. Oh god...maybe this really could work. Yes, it could work...but should it?' and then another voice from within him chimed in suddenly. 'This isn't your reality'. He didn't understand it then. 

 When they got back home, Jamack offered to mix them all a special drink. A virgin margarita, he called it, to teach the kids how to really impress with their cooking. He mixed the elixr in with a blue curacao mocktail recipe that he topped off with tiny umbrellas, cherry toothpicks and a little orange peel swirl. It was the most beautiful poison you've ever seen.  

"Cheers" said Jamack

"To what?" said Roger. They were all gathered around by the island in the kitchen. Jamack was standing behind the bar. 

"To the most awesome family" he said, trying to hold back tears. 

"Cheers!" they all said, clinking glasses. He held the suicidal drink inches from his lips.