4

"You're laughing?" I grinned, "You just tried to kill me, for doing something you should've done decades ago. You might've liked playing chicken, but almost all of your loved ones have been harmed by him, Gotham was terrorized. Even villains were scared of him."

"We need order, killing makes us just as bad as the villains." I shrugged, "Watching the world burn knowing we can stop it makes us worse." "You shoulda came to me." "So you could try to talk me out of it? Nah. Fuck you Bruce."

I opened the door and as I did Alfred said, "Wait. One more family breakfast." Not much of a family, but I'll do it for Alfred. I shut the door, "Okay." "You two, clean up." We went upstairs, got cleaned up.

Breakfast tasted good, sitting across from Bruce was like sitting across a statue. Everyone was talking. It was awkward but they tried, our silence was louder. "The breakfast was good as usual Alfred. Thank you, may I be excused?"

Alfred sighed, "Yes master Jason, do visit every so often." I got up and put my jacket on, "One day I'll make you breakfast." "Like you used to make your mother?" I chuckled, "Yeah." "I'd love that." I left, left the city too.

I came back two months later, from my humble house. I knocked on the manor door, Damian answered. "Todd, didn't expect to see you." "I told Alfred I'd visit every so often."

"It's 5, he gets up at 7." "Yeah, I plan to make breakfast." "Oh." "Shouldn't you be asleep?" "I've gotta pack, going to see Grayson, he's in Europe." "Why?" "Vacation." I nodded, "Well go pack." I made breakfast, "Jason."

I looked at Bruce, "Bruce." "I figured you were gone for good." "Just visiting Alfred." "Oh, I see." "Yup." "I'm sorry for hitting you." "That's cool." We all ate breakfast, talked a lot. The next day I went back to my little mountain house.