Chapter 6: Encounter With Ragna

Morning has come. The sun has just risen so the temperature is low. An adventurer's morning is early, and since there's a chance I won't wake up on time if I go back to sleep, I reluctantly got up.

After I changed into the clothes I bought yesterday, I left my room and I saw a dark green head outside it. She's holding a broom and is energetically cleaning.

[Good morning, Poppy.]

[Good morning! You're up early, breakfast isn't ready yet.]

[Is that so, is there a place I can kill time at?]

[If so, how about the courtyard? Adventurers are training themselves there as time goes by.]

[Then I think I'll do so.]

I'll take a look at the courtyard while waiting for breakfast to be prepared. It looks like it's possible to practice swinging or light exercise, and also magic training.

Since there's exactly no one around at the moment, I decided to try using magic.

I tried tracing my magic power like I did when I made my guild card. Then, I feel power circulate inside my body. Is this magical power?

I collect it on top of my palm, then I try imagining water the size of a baseball ball. I felt something escaping from my fingertips, and when I opened my eyes, water the size of a basketball ball appeared. Oh, so this is magic.

Because the water was bigger than what I imagined, I repeatedly made balls of water while adjusting the output. As I kept on repeating it, I managed to grasp the reasonable amount of magic power to use. Next, I tried releasing it to the ground. The water ball scattered while making a splashing noise.

I also practiced the same way with fire, wind, and earth. When I also made a ball out of darkness attribute the same way and released it on the ground, it left a hole on it. In a panic, I covered it with earth magic. It looks like Darkness magic is powerful, I'll stop practicing that here.

I checked my status soon after I finished practicing.

Rei Arihara
Human
17 years old
Lv: 1
HP: 48/48
MP: 65417/65482
Magic Attribute: Water; Wind; Fire; Earth; Darkness

Skills: Language Conversion; God's Eye (Limited Ability); Magic

Titles: Raised in Another World; Spring of Magical Power; God's Favorite

Magic was added as a new skill. Does this mean I can now use magic?

My MP is barely reduced compared to the full amount. But if Poppy or the lady from the clothing store used magic, it'd probably be depleted.

Breakfast consists of stir-fried ediyu eggs and leafy vegetables called petuna, paired with walnut bread. I deliciously ate it.

I somehow manage to understand the names of the meals served to me, but I wonder how the Language Conversion works? Does it simply use the same name for food that look the same?

Maybe I can just go to the church and ask God about it when I have free time.

I got ready to go out, picked up my lunch, then departed. The quests in the guild are first come first served. That's especially so for low-ranked adventurers so I better find myself one fast.

The front of the guild's bulletin board is packed with people. It's Spring Season and looks like it's time for monsters to start actively moving so there are a lot of requests. I slipped through the crowd and searched for the F and G rank quests that I can accept.

Since there are requests to gather medicinal herbs, I picked the one with the highest pay and took it off the board. I can take this request bringing it to the reception desk.