First Chapter - Episode 3

"So hungry."

"I'm just so hungry."

"Food."

"So, so, so hungry."

"I need to eat something...anything at all," staggering and swaying, an imbalanced person emerged in the middle of the desolate and dark alley.

"I'm tired..."

He heard someone above him and looked up, only to see a mouthwatering, perfectly cooked turkey exuding a tantalizing aroma. The turkey was perched precariously on the window sill, as if daring fate to make it topple over the edge.

He reached out his hands as if to catch it if by chance it fell to the ground. His right eye stared straight towards the turkey, the other drooped downward. Now that he entered the light-emitting area, the right side of his face that bore the savage scars of an attack was visible to the naked eye. He growled loudly, revealing his crooked teeth stained with dried red blood, ready to tear the turkey apart.

*Thud*

A massive, black military boot mercilessly pressed down on his face, pushing him away from the big, delicious turkey.

"Shut up, I'm not in the mood right now," said the owner of the boot, our main character Kaiden. It turned out the turkey was Leo, seen as a delicious delicacy in the zombie's eyes.

The zombie growled even louder now that his meal was interrupted. Leo was still struggling to climb the window while Kaiden was keeping the zombie away from reaching Leo. Suddenly, an idea crossed his mind.

"There, your new ladder," Kaiden presented his new invention to help Leo reach their hideout, which he named the 'zombie ladder'.

"Can't we just get a real ladder already?" said Leo, who was on the tied zombie's shoulder while Kaiden was still sitting on the window.

"Too much work," complained Kaiden.

Kaiden let go of the zombie, but he still hung around the hideout, so Leo called him Evan and bid him goodnight, even though Kaiden told him not to name him.

~To be continued