༺ ꧁ 𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 ꧂ ༻

Hello friends,
Here is the last part of the story. I hope you will like it.

Thank you to whoever voted and shared your feedback through comments in the last chapter.

*****************

Not Proofread yet. Please ignore the typos and grammatical mistakes.

Now let's get to the story :

∴━━━✿━━━∴

Delhi [5 years later] :

A man in his early-thirties, sat on the edge of his pool staring at the sky as if searching for something or looking for someone close to his heart. His eyes were misty. Just then he heard an ethereal voice next to him, "Arnavji! What were you thinking about sitting here so late"? Hearing that voice, he stared at her face for a while without blinking his eyelids, as if trying to believe that she was in front of him. Then, when he realized it was true, a small smile emerged on his trembling lips and a sudden glow of joy spread across her misty eyes. "Khushi"? A faint name reverberated across the room, he called her as if he weren't calling her, but trying to convince himself of something. "Khu...khushi! Wer.... Were you really here? Were you really here for ME? Aashu...? Did she also came"? Arnav asked her incredulously. While saying this, he was caressing her face madly with his trembling fingers. Tears accumulated in his already blurry eyes, yet there was a subdued laugh on his chapped lips. "Yes, Arnavaji, I'm here. I've come here for you...for us. Enough is enough, not anymore. I knew it was all because of me that we had been unnecessarily separated for so long, but now here I'm here, and I will fix everything". Khushi replied calmly while nodding her head slowly. "Oh Khushi...my Khushi". He pulled her toward him and hugged her as tightly as possible, as she would vanish if he loosened his hold on her. "Oh Khushi, you didn't know how relieved I am now. You didn't know how long I was waiting for this day. I missed you so much. Didn't you miss me at all? Did you stop loving me? Don't you love me like before"? Arnav complained like a child would do to his mother. Hearing his complaint, she smiled lovingly and was about to say something, when "Chote", they both heard Anjali's voice. Hearing Anjali's voice, he started smiling more and called her loudly, "Diiii, come here quickly and see who has come"?

Hearing Arnav's screams, she rushed to his room and was heartbroken by what she saw. She knew what was happening. A small drop of tears fell from her eyes. Before Arnav could see her tears, she wiped them away and asked him with a fake smile, "what happened chote, why did you scream so loudly"? Arnav looked at her with pure disbelief and said, "why did I scream? Couldn't you see? See Di, my Khushi has come to me and if Khushi came, then it's that Aashi must have also come. Finally, my wait paid off, Di... finally my wait paid off. It's such a great occasion, and you were asking me why I screamed. You're getting old, Di", he teased his sister. Anjali's heart broke into innumerable pieces, seeing her chote getting into depression slowly. Nowadays, he even started hallucinating Khushi sporadically. A sob came out of her mouth. Controlling herself, she moved slowly towards her brother and took his face in her warm palms and said affectionately, "Chote... Chote... please calm down, relax, okay! Khushi is not here. You're again hallucinating her, chote"! She tried to make him understand. Hearing this, he looked at his sister, startled, and came out of his brown study.