S1:C8 The Runaway

Kie awoke the next morning, with a smile on her face. She was incredibly happy that something had finally happened with Nate. She reached over to try and see if he was there. However, her hand met the sheets, and nothing else. This left her confused.

"Nate?" She called out. She got no response back. She now began to get worried. 'Where is he?' She thought. "Nate?" She tried again. Still nothing. She walked through the Château, looking for him. There was no trace of him, nor his clothes from the previous night.

---------

Not wanting to overreact, Kie simply went home. After getting changed, she needed a shower. She arrived back at her house, knowing her dad was at work, and hoping her mom was out.

She slowly opened the door, not wanting it to creek at all. She began to sneak to her room, when she heard a voice. "Kiara?"

Kie froze in place. "Yeah, mom?" 

Her mom came around the corner with a concerned look on her face. "Why didn't you come back last night?"

Kie's breath hitched in her throat. She needed to think of something. "Uhm... th-the guys just wanted to stay there, so I stayed with them." She stuttered. Her mom nodded, but Kiara knew she knew she was lying.

"Hmhm. And what are you doing now?" She asked her. "Well I didn't have anything else to wear, so I just thought I'd take a shower." She smiled at her mom, feigning innocence.

Anna knew she was lying, but decided not to press the matter further. "Ok, go on." She told her daughter.

Kie nodded, and turned, going up the stairs.

---------

Now showered, Kiara went to look for Nate. She couldn't find him. He wasn't at his house, he wasn't at Heyward's. She even went down to the beach to look there, but still no sign. She got a hold of JJ and Pope, but they hadn't heard anything either.

She was really worried now. She had no idea where he was. Her final place to check was down by the docks. She was looking around as she walked further onto the dock. There was still no sign, until she finally looked into the Tiki Bar. There he was. But he wasn't alone.

There, standing next to him, was some random girl. She was short, long brown hair and a tanned complexion. She began to rub her hand up and down Nate's arm. Kie hoped he would move away from it, but alas, he stayed still.

Kie didn't want to watch this, but couldn't look away. The final straw came, when the girl leaned in and kissed his cheek. That was it. Kie stormed up to the two of them, her loud footsteps catching their attention. She stopped in front of the two of them.

She pointed at the girl. "You. Get out of here. Now!" She told her. 

"And why would I do that?" She questioned Kiara. Kie just glared at her, telling her everything she needed to know.

"O...k. I'll see you around, Nate." She told him.

"Yeah, see ya." He responded.

The girl walked off, leaving the two alone. "Was that really necessary?" Nate questioned her. She turned around, looking livid and upset.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" She shouted at him. 

He stepped back. "What?"

Kie's eyes went wide. "What do you mean, 'what'? Where the hell did you go this morning!?" She asked him, angrily.

"Uh, here." He said, gesturing to the bar.

"To flirt with girls!?" She continued to interrogate him.